Explore the spectacular landscapes of the Gulf of Mexico under the light of the moon on this night kayak tour of the Mandinga mangroves from Boca del Río.
Mandinga Mangroves Night Kayak Tour
As the sun begins to set over the horizon, we'll pick you up from your hotel in Boca del Río and set off for our evening adventure. After a short 20 minute drive, we'll reach Mandinga, where the mangroves are located.
In the mangrove area, we'll head to Isla Paraíso, where we'll get kitted out with all the equipment we need and receive a brief instructional chat on how to use our kayaks safely. We'll then spend 30 minutes paddling around the mangroves in the direction of the Isla de Conchas.
Our kayak tour will allow us to admire the night time landscapes of the Mandinga mangroves - a truly unique experience. Both the kayaks and our life jackets will be equipped with LED lights allowing us to easily navigate through the water in the dark.
At the end of the kayak tour, we'll return to Isla Paraíso, before returning to dry land and heading back to hotels in Boca del Río.
Tour with transfers
If you reserve this option, you'll be picked up from your hotel in Boca del Río and be transferred to the activity location by minibus or bus depending on the group size. These are the hotels included in the pick up service:
Tour without transfers
If you select this option, you'll have to make your own way to one of the following meeting points and we'll then take you to the Mandinga mangroves by bus or minibus depending on the group size.:
- In Veracruz: car park of the Soriana Híper supermarket, in front of the Carl’s Junior Restaurant.
- In Boca del Río: car park of the OXXO supermarket and Tampiquera gas station, next to Plaza Río shopping centre.
When making your reservation, you'll have the choice to do your tour at sunset or at night.
- Sunset tour (3 hours): departs at 5 pm and returns at 8 pm.
- Night tour (2.5 hours): departs at 8 pm and returns at 10:30 pm.
Who can participate in this activity?
- No experience is required to participate in this activity: the kayaking, snorkelling and stand up paddle boarding are all suitable for beginners.
- There is a maximum weight of 120 kg (264 pounds) per person to participate in this activity.
- Children over 14 years old may go in a single or double kayak or a stand up paddle board alone provided they are in good physical condition and have the consent of their parents or guardians.
- Children between 5 and 13 years old can go in a double kayak accompanied by one or two adults. The weight of the three occupants of the boat cannot exceed 200 kg (440 pounds).
|Sunset tour with transfers||
|Sunset tour without transfers||
|Night tour with transfers||
|Night tour without transfers||
Sunset tour with transfers
Per personUS$ 37.50
Sunset tour without transfers
Per personUS$ 34.60
Night tour with transfers
Per personUS$ 43.30
Night tour without transfers
Per personUS$ 40.40
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations to avoid the spread of Covid-19.
2 hours 30 minutes - 3 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks en english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off (optional).
Transport by bus or minibus depending on group size.
English speaking guide.
Kayak or stand up paddle board equipment.
LED light to illuminate boats.
Bottles of water and energy bars.
Permits for water sports in the area.
Transport to meeting point (on tour without transfers).
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.