Explore Boston's streets and rivers aboard a duck bus. Do you want to discover the historic city by land and by water?
Duck Boat Tour Boston
Would you prefer to drive through the centre of Boston or cruise along the Charles River? You can do both in just one mode of transport with this duck boat tour, where you'll encounter the most symbolic landmarks around the city. The earliest amphibious vehicles originated in 1770 when they were first dreamt up by Prince Raimondo di Sangro of Sansevero.
While on board the duck boat, we'll admire the most significant sites around the capital of Massachusetts such as Boston Library, Longfellow Bridge, the MIT building or the popular Theatre District.
For an hour and 20 minutes, the English speaking guide will tell you about the city's history and intriguing facts along the route. There will also be audioguides in other languages available.
You can board the duck boat tour at any of the following stops around Boston:
- Science Museum: wheelchair accessible and audioguide in other languages.
- New England Aquarium: not wheelchair accessible and no audioguide.
- Prudential Centre Tower: wheelchair accessible and audioguide in other languages.
The route is different depending on whether you depart from the New England Aquarium or from the Science Museum and Prudential Tower. Below there is a map of the three meeting points and two duck boat routes:
The duck boat tour circulates every 30 minutes from 9 am onwards. The last departure depends on the date:
- From 21 March to 18 April: 6 pm.
- From 19 April to 15 May: 6:30 pm.
- From 16 May to 5 August: 7 pm.
- From 6 August to 25 August: 6:30 pm.
- From 26 August to 12 September: 6 pm.
- From 13 September to 29 September: 3:30 pm.
- From 30 September to 16 October: 3 pm.
- From 17 October to 31 October: 4:30 pm.
- From 1 November to 7 November: 3:30 pm.
- From 8 November to 25 November: 3 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protective material and safety to help avoid the spread of Covid-19.
Duck Boat Tour
Over 65 years old and US military personnelUS$ 40.84
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 34.54
Children under 3 years old.US$ 10.99
1 hour 20 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
80 minute tour on board a duck boat.
English speaking guide.
Audioguide in other languages.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (Boston local time).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.