Take our fantastic boat trip to Martín García Island from Buenos Aires and enjoy one of the most beautiful corners of the River Plate. You will discover both Argentina's natural and historical treasures.
Martín García Island Boat Trip
At 8:30 am, we will meet up in Puerto Madero before we board the boat which will take us to Martín García Island. At 9 am, we set sail on a brilliant two-hour journey across the deep blue waters of the magnificent River Plate.
When we arrive, we will take a guided tour to discover the most important historical sites on the island. Nature and history coexist on the island of Martin Garcia, making it one of the most beautiful islands on the River Plate. Amazingly, this is the only dry border between Argentina and Uruguay.
Along the way, we will pass an old military prison, where Juan Domingo Perón was famously confined in 1945. We will also walk around the Historical Museum, the Urquiza Theatre, the Stone Quarries, and Chinatown, full of abandoned houses covered with dense vegetation.
Another iconic location we will discover on the route is the House of Rubén Darío. Around 1 pm, we will stop at a restaurant and enjoy a meal consisting of a barbecue with salad and a drink.
You then have two and a half hours of free time to continue exploring the island on your own. At 5 pm, we will meet up at the dock and board the boat that will take us back to Buenos Aires.
The activity finishes at 7:45 pm back at the original starting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 5 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children from 3 to 5 years oldUS$ 8
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, spanish and portuguese.
English speaking guide.
Food and drink.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
400 Calle Cecilia Grierson street.