Located in the historic heart of Cordoba, the Alcazar is a spectacular Medieval fortress and one of the must-see monuments in the Andalusian city. Discover its historic legacy on this guided tour!
Cordoba Alcazar Guided Tour
Your guided tour of the Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos, or the Castle of the Christian Monarchs in English, will begin at the main entrance of the historic fortress. During the tour, which will last approximately one hour, you'll visit the interior of the extraordinary monumental complex, which dates back to the Middle Ages.
Firstly, your expert English-speaking guide will reveal why the Alcazar was first constructed. You'll also learn about the different events that marked the history of the site, which was occupied by Visigoths and then Muslims before Christian forces claimed Cordoba for themselves in the 13th century.
Visit the impressive towers and most elegant rooms of this magnificent Moorish style monument. You're bound to be enchanted by the Hall of Mosaics, the Reception Hall, the Royal Baths of Doña Leonor and the courtyards, characterised by their water features and verdant trees which contrast with the golden stone and whitewashed walls. Every corner of the castle hides countless myths and legends, through which you'll discover the indisputable connection between art, architecture and the intriguing politics of Medieval Cordoba.
The final part of your guided tour will take in the famous gardens of the Cordoba Alcazar. Amongst its water channels, canals and ponds, your attention will be drawn to the vivid colours and sweet aromas of the flower-filled parterres. As you stroll through this bucolic area of the fortress, you'll spot a number of figures reminiscent of the 15th century: the statues of Christopher Columbus with the Christian Monarchs of Spain, after whom the Alcazar is officially named.
Visit the Jewish Quarter too
If you'd like to make the most of your time in Cordoba, why not reserve our combo activity to enjoy a guided tour of the Alcazar and the Jewish Quarter?
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 10 and 14 years old||Children under 10 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 10 and 14 years oldUS$ 10
Children under 10 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Cordoba's history.
Entrance to the Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (12:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Main entrance to the Cordoba Alcazar.