Narrow, winding, and filled with charm. Explore the whitewashed streets of Cordoba's Jewish Quarter on this guided tour which also includes a visit to the Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos.
Alcazar & Jewish Quarter Guided Tour Itinerary
At the scheduled time, you'll set off from the centre of Cordoba to begin your walking route around the picturesque streets of this stunning Andalusian city, a designated World Heritage Site.
You'll start by visiting the surroundings of the Puerta de Almodovar, a gateway built into the city's ancient Roman walls. A distinguished former resident of Cordoba will welcome you to this area of the historic centre: Seneca, a Roman philosopher whose statue is located here. At the end of the defensive wall, you'll come across another sculpture, this time of Averrores, the celebrated Arab philosopher and thinker.
On the other side of the wall, you'll delve deep into the narrow streets of Cordoba's Jewish Quarter. This area of the city is home to a statue of the famous Jewish philosopher, astronomer and physician Maimonedes. Not far from his statue, you'll visit the ancient Synagogue. This unique monument is one of very few Jewish places of worship that escaped destruction in the Medieval period of persecution.
Next, you'll leave the Jewish Quarter and make your way to the Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos or the Castle of the Christian Monarchs. Travel back in time through the centuries on your guided tour as you marvel at the captivating Moorish gardens. You'll see yet another sculpture here, this one commemorating the meeting of Christopher Columbus with Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand at this very castle.
Your guided tour will end here after approximately two and a half hours.
Cordoba Alcazar Guided Tour
If you're short on time, you can just book a guided tour of the castle reserving our Cordoba Alcazar Guided Tour.
Entrance to the Alcazar
During the months of October and November 2020 the entrance to the Alcazar will be free.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 10 and 14 years old||Children under 10 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 10 and 14 years oldUS$ 12.10
Children under 10 years oldFree
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Syngogue.
Entrance to the Alcazar of the Christian Monarchs.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Calle Ángel de Saavedra, 5.