Explore one of Cordoba's best kept secrets on this guided tour of its enchanting courtyards. Discover the origins of this incredible ancient tradition thanks to your passionate guide.
Cordoba Courtyards Guided Tour Itinerary
Uncover the charming beauty of Cordoba's San Basilio neighbourhood on this guided route of six of its most picturesque courtyards. You'll learn their origins, curiosities and secrets as you hear the anecdotes of the families who live here and take care of the enclosed gardens.
Ceramic azulejo tiles, intricate latticework, blooming fruit trees, potted plants, fountains and ponds, turtles... the traditions and decorations of Islamic Iberia and the Caliph of Cordoba are visible to this day in the quaint courtyards.
At the end of your route, you'll also enjoy a short tour of the Alcazar Viejo neighbourhood and the Bethlehem Tower.
What are the courtyards?
Courtyards have been used throughout history to bring light and air to houses built around them, and have often been the location of a well which would provide water to the dwelling. During the Muslim era these spaces defined the architecture of the houses.
Cordoba Courtyard Festival
During the second and third weeks of May, Cordoba celebrates its Courtyard Festival, which has been declared Intangible Cultural Heritage. If you're lucky enough to visit during these dates, you'll enjoy the courtyards at the height of their splendour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 13 and 16 years old||Children under 12 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 13 and 16 years oldUS$ 10.20
Children under 12 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Official English speaking guide with a passion for Cordoba.
Entrance to the different courtyards.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (10:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Are there lines to get in to the courtyards?
A - Not usually, except for during the Cordoba courtyard competition, which is usually during the second and third week of May.
5 Calle Angel de Saavedra.