Discover the beauty of the fascinating Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba on this private guided tour. You'll have an exclusive English-speaking guide just for you and your group. What are you waiting for?
Benefits of booking a private tour
When you reserve a private tour, you have the advantage of an exclusive English-speaking guide just for you and your group. Also, if you're a larger group, you'll save money.
Private Tour of Cordoba Mosque Itinerary
After meeting in the centre of the former Caliphate capital, you'll begin your private tour of the most visited monument in the city: the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, also known as the Great Mosque and the Mezquita.
In the 10th century, the Caliphate of Cordoba, part of Islamic Iberia, was one of the most developed states in the western world, and the Great Mosque was the monumental jewel in the crown of the capital's urban centre. However, according to traditional accounts, the temple's origins go back even further. Hear all about its fascinating history thanks to your expert guide.
Inside the Mezquita, which has been recognised by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, you'll visit its most beautiful spaces. You'll be left in awe by the prayer hall, made up of over 850 columns of different stones including jasper, onyx and marble; the ornately gilded mihrab; the Court of Oranges; the remains of the ancient Catholic Cathedral within the Mosque... the list goes on.
From the golden age of the Umayyad Caliphate under Abd al-Rahman III and his son Al-Hakam II to the Christian Reconquest of Cordoba in the 13th century, the ancient place of worship has been witness to legendary history over the centuries, which you'll learn all about on your tour. Your guide will also point out the mix of different artistic and architectural styles built into this incredible building: Umayyad, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque... the Mezquita could be a museum dedicated to the history of art!
Following your private guided tour of the Mosque, you'll have free time to continue exploring the monument at your own pace.
The price of this tour does not include the entrance fee to the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba. A ticket to the monument costs 11 Euros per person and must be bought on the day of the tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 5 people||Up to 10 people||Up to 20 people|
|Private English language tour||
Private English language tour
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 141.60
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 165.20
Up to 20 peopleUS$ 177
1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Cordoba history.
Private and exclusive tour: there will be no other people in the group.
Entrance to the Mosque Cathedral of Cordoba (€ 11 (US$ 13)).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (8:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (some of the areas are accessible).
5 Calle Ángel de Saavedra.