Discover why the courtyards of Cordoba are so iconic on this guided tour of the Palacio de Viana, a 14th century palace with no less than twelve of the most beautiful courtyards in the city.
Viana Palace & Courtyards Guided Tour
The courtyards of Cordoba, inherited from ancient Roman and Arab traditions, are an architectural homage to plants, light and water. Their exquisite designs, the scent of flowers and the sensation of a cool breeze on your skin make these oases of nature a true delight to the senses.
This English-language guided tour will take you on a visit of the twelve courtyards of the Palacio de Viana, journeying through five centuries of history. First built in the 14th century, the landmark has evolved from a Medieval house to a Renaissance Palace, and is one of Cordoba's most beautiful landmarks.
Whilst you explore the rooms of the palace on your tour, you'll learn all about the history of courtyards in Cordoba and their different types. Discover the oldest communal courtyard in the city, the Patio de los Gatos, which was shared between neighbouring houses in the Medieval times, as well as Renaissance courtyards that symbolise power and lineage, like the Patio del Recibo and the Patio de las Rejas, built to impress visitors.
Explore the incredible fusion of architectural and natural beauty on this guided tour of Cordoba's Viana Palace.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 10 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children under 10 years oldFree
2 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in Spanish.
Official English speaking guide with a passion for Cordoba.
Entrance to the Viana Palace.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (9:30 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
2 Plaza de Don Gome.