Immerse yourself in the ancient history and culture of India on this tour of Delhi. Discover emblematic places such as Ghandi’s tomb and the Red Fort.
Guided Tour of Delhi
The tour picks you up from your hotel, and begins with the walled city of ancient Delhi. Inside this fortified area, we'll visit the imposing Jama Masjid mosque: one of the largest in India, with domes and minarets visible from throughout the city.
The tour then continues, admiring the famous Red Fort. This 17th century palace complex was and UNESCO World Heritage Site was built by Shah Jahan I, the emperor of the Mughal Dynasty who also built Agra's Taj Mahal.
From the Red Fort, we begin a rickshaw tour, which will take us to the famous Chandni Chowk Bazaar, the Raj Ghat memorial, and Ghandi's tomb. Here we'll remember some of the history of this most famous of Indians, a leader in the pacifist movement, as we visit the important monument.
In the evening, having had some free time to eat or souvenir shop, we'll head to New Delhi to see the Qutab Minar the largest brick-built minaret in the world. Did you know that its very construction was ordered to beat another minaret in Afghanistan, which was until that point the tallest?!
On our tour of New Delhi, we will also observe the architecture of the Gates of India, the national parliament, and the presidential palace - before finally heading back to your hotel in Delhi.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Up to 2 people||Up to 5 people||Up to 10 people|
|English language tour||
English language tour
Up to 2 peopleUS$ 70
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 100
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 120
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
English speaking tour guide specialised in the history of Delhi.
Entrance into the visited sites (1,200 rupees, $17, €15 per person)
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).