Located between Fuerteventura and Lanzarote, Lobos Island is home to stunning virgin landscapes. Discover them on a hike across this tiny island.
Lobos Island Hike
Thousands of tourists visit the Canary Islands every year. However, not so many visit its small uninhabited islets. If you don't want to miss the chance to visit one of them, we're ready to pick you up from your hotel in Fuerteventura between 7:45 am and 9:30 am to take you on an unforgettable hike.
We'll head to the port of Corralejo in the north of Fuerteventura and catch a ferry that will be docking at Lobos Island in just 15 minutes. This small island, located on the La Bocayna strait that separates Fuerteventura from Lanzarote, has beautiful natural landscapes that are completely uninhabited.
Once we arrive at the islet, we'll head to the Visitors Centre to pick up our hiking sticks. Once we're fully equipped, we'll set off on a guided hike across Lobos Island. The tour takes an approximately 6-kilometre hike that will lead us to the head of the island: the 127-metre high Caldera de Lobos. From its summit, we'll enjoy spectacular views of southern Lanzarote and northern Fuerteventura in the distance!
Then we'll begin the descent to El Puertito. Here we'll have lunch in the island's only restaurant. The menu includes fish croquettes as a starter, seafood paella with mixed salad for the main dish and ice cream for dessert, plus a drink of your choice.
After lunch, you'll have some free time until the afternoon to explore the beaches and other natural landscapes of Lobos Island at your leisure. At 4 pm we'll meet up at the port to take the ferry back to Corralejo. When we arrive we'll take you back to your hotel. Arrival at hotels in south Fuerteventura is scheduled for 6 pm.
The tour includes pick up, at the times specified, from the following tourist areas in Fuerteventura:
- 7:45 am: Jandía and Morro Jable.
- 7:50 am: Esquinzo.
- 8:10 am: Costa Calma and La Pared.
- 8:35 am: Las Playitas.
- 8:55 am: Castle Caleta de Fuste.
- 9:00 am: El Cotillo.
- 9:15 am: Origo Mare Urbanization.
- 9:30 am: Corralejo.
When you book you must indicate a hotel or accommodation located in one of these areas.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 6 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 10 years old||Children under 6|
Children between 6 and 10 years oldUS$ 45.50
Children under 6Free
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned minibus.
Return ferry ticket from Fuerteventura to Lobos Island.
Multilingual guide (including English).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (7:45 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).