Located between Fuerteventura and Lanzarote, Lobos Island is home to stunning virgin landscapes. Discover them on a hike across this tiny island.
Lobos Island Hike
Thousands of tourists visit the Canary Islands every year. However, not so many visit its small uninhabited islets. If you don't want to miss the chance to visit one of them, we're ready to pick you up from your hotel in Fuerteventura between 8 am and 9:30 am to take you on an unforgettable hike.
We'll head to the port of Corralejo in the north of Fuerteventura and catch a ferry that will be docking at Lobos Island in just 15 minutes. This small island, located on the La Bocayna strait that separates Fuerteventura from Lanzarote, has beautiful natural landscapes that are completely uninhabited.
Once we arrive at the islet, we'll head to the Visitors Centre to pick up our hiking sticks. Once we're fully equipped, we'll set off on a guided hike across Lobos Island. The tour takes an approximately 6-kilometre hike that will lead us to the head of the island: the 127-metre high Caldera de Lobos. From its summit, we'll enjoy spectacular views of southern Lanzarote and northern Fuerteventura in the distance!
After admiring the views from the top of the Caldera, we'll start the descent to El Puertito. At this dock in Lobos, you'll have 2 hours of free time so that you can have lunch on your own and enjoy the beaches and other natural landscapes of Lobos Island.
At 2 pm we'll meet again at the dock to take the ferry back to Corralejo. After disembarking at the port, we'll take you back to your hotel. Arrival at the accommodation in the south of Fuerteventura is scheduled for 4 pm.
The tour includes pick-up from hotels in Fuerteventura, between the towns of Jandia and Corralejo. The approximate times by zones are:
- 8 am: Jandía and Morro Jable.
- 8:30 am: Caleta de Fuste.
- 9:30 am: Corralejo.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 10 years old||Children under 6|
Children between 6 and 10 years oldUS$ 33.20
Children under 6Free
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
Return ferry ticket from Fuerteventura to Lobos Island.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.