Travel from La Paz to the impressive freshwater lake in the Andes with this Lake Titicaca 2 Day Tour. You'll discover the town of Copacabana and the famous Sol Island, the birthplace of the Inca Empire.
Lake Titicaca 2 Day Tour
Day 1: Copacabana and Sol Island
At 7:30 we'll pick you up at your hotel in La Paz to begin a journey towards the region of Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world.
After four hours of travel, we will arrive at the town of Copacabana, located on the shore of the lake. After fuelling up with a typical lunch, we will visit the port to board a boat heading to Isla del Sol, the cradle of the Inca Empire. Legend has it that it was from here that Manco Capac and his wife Mama Ocllo departed to found Cuzco itself! We will also visit the Yumani staircase and the sacred source of the Incas - a deep dive into local culture and history!
In the afternoon, we will walk to the Pallakasa viewpoint to enjoy a beautiful sunset over Lake Titicaca, before returning to the hotel on Isla del Sol to have dinner and spend the night.
Day 2: Copacabana
Following breakfast at the hotel with unique views over Lake Titicaca we'll head off by boat to the ruins of Pilcocaina, on Isla del Sol, learning all about the history of this ancient Inca palace. Afterwards, we will return to Copacabana to visit its main attractions: colorful streets, old buildings and squares bustling with life!
At midday, we will eat in a typical restaurant to sample the best of local gastronomy. Then finally, we will start the journey back to La Paz by bus, arriving at the bus terminal at 5:30 pm.
Visit to Isla de la Luna and Sampaya
When making the reservation, you can choose the option that includes the visit to the Isla de la Luna (Island of the Moon). In this case, you will take a boat to the island on the first day of the tour. There you will visit the Inca ruins and temple. In addition, you will visit Sampaya, a mystical town built in stone.
The activity includes one night's accommodation at the Campo Santo Hotel on Isla del Sol, in a double room with a private bathroom.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children under 5|
|Copacabana + Isla del Sol Tour||
|Copacabana + Isla del Sol + Isla de la Luna + Sampaya||
Copacabana + Isla del Sol Tour
Children under 5Free
Copacabana + Isla del Sol + Isla de la Luna + Sampaya
Children under 5Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
English speaking guide.
1 night accommodation.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.