Discover the sacred lake of Bolivia on this trip to Lake Titicaca and Isla del Sol from La Paz. Plus you'll visit the picturesque town of Copacabana!
Lake Titicaca and Isla del Sol Trip
At 7 am on the day of the excursion, we'll pick you up from your hotel in La Paz and set off for Lake Titicaca.
After around four hours of driving through the magnificent landscapes of Bolivia, we'll arrive at our first stop: Copacabana. In this historic town on the shores of Lake Titicaca, which was an important site in Inca civilisation, we will indulge in local Bolivian cuisine with lunch in a traditional restaurant.
After eating, we'll take a boat to the Isla del Sol, or the Island of the Sun, where the Incas built temples in honour of the Sun God. In addition to admiring the beautiful landscapes, we'll visit the fascinating ruins of the Temple of the Sun. We'll also hike to a wonderful viewpoint, where, at almost 13,000 feet above sea level, we will enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of the Andes mountain range.
Before leaving the Island of the Sun, also called Titicaca Island, we'll make a stop at the mystical Fountain of Eternal Youth. You'll have the chance to drink the sacred water which is said to have healing properties and to give eternal youth to anyone who drinks it. Take a sip and find out for yourself!
We'll then return to Copacabana by boat across Lake Titicaca, before returning by bus back to La Paz, where you'll be dropped off around 10 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 30% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 40% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 45
Children under 4 years oldFree
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Lunch and drink.
Water and snacks.
Entry to Lake Titicaca: 90 bs (US$ 13).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (7:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).