Let the Caribbean paradise of Catalina Island captivate you and explore the picturesque Altos de Chavón on this unmissable day trip from La Romana.
Catalina Island & Altos de Chavón Day Trip
Having been picked up from your hotel first thing in the morning, you'll set off on your adventure, making your first stop in Altos de Chavón. You'll have 40 minutes to explore this beautiful recreation of a Mediterranean-style village and admire the views of the Chavón River that flows next to it. Truly enchanting!
Continuing your tour, you'll be taken to a dock on the River Salado where your catamaran will be waiting for you to set sail to Isla Catalina. During your cruise, which will take around 40 minutes, you'll enjoy a drink on board while marvelling at the piercing blue of the sparkling Caribbean Sea.
On the approach to your destination, you'll head directly to the coral reef known as La Pared, or The Wall, where you'll have the opportunity to cool off with a refreshing dip in the sea and snorkel amongst the incredible marine life. Spend 40 minutes exploring underwater, before returning to the catamaran and dropping anchor at the dock on Catalina Island.
With your feet on dry land, you'll be taken to a small restaurant with stunning sea views, where you'll be treated to a delicious buffet lunch. With renewed energy, you'll then have three hours of free time to make the most of the paradise white sand beaches. Whether you prefer to relax and sunbathe or try a fun activity like paddle surfing, you'll enjoy an unforgettable afternoon.
At the end of the day, you'll return to the catamaran to sail back to La Romana, where you'll be dropped off at your hotel.
Hotel pick up
This excursion to Catalina Island and Altos de Chavón includes a pick up service from hotels located in La Romana and Bayahibe.
Catalina Island Tour
If you'd prefer to just visit Catalina Island, we recommend booking our Catalina Island Catamaran Cruise.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 50
Children under 2 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking multilingual guide.
Return transport to Catalina Island by catamaran.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).