Cross the border and discover the Turkish part of the island: Northern Cyprus. In this tour from Limassol, we'll walk the ancient ruins of Salamina, visit Famagusta and Strovilia, and also take a dip in the sea at Constantinos beach. Are you in?
Salamina, Famagusta and Strovilia Tour
At 7:30 am we'll come to pick you up at your hotel in Limassol and from there we set off to the border between the Republic of Cyprus and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
Before crossing over to the other side of the island, we'll make a stop at the lovely village of Skarinou so you may have lunch on your own. Then we will head to the village of Strovilia, which is located at the border zone between the Turkish region, the UN demilitarized zone, and the British military base. There is no place more appropriate to discuss the political conflicts Cyprus has gone through, which have led to the island territory being divided.
Slowly but surely we'll advance into the Turkish part of the island to explore the ancient city of Salamina, situated north of Famagusta. Did you know it used to be the capital of Cyprus centuries back?
The city was founded in the year 1202 BC by the Greeks and it was conquered by the Persians, the Egyptians, and the Romans. It was ultimately the Romans who left the most obvious mark on the city as we know it today. We will admire this Roman influence in the theater, the baths, and the gymnasium.
Our next stop will be a viewpoint from which we'll enjoy the beautiful panoramic landscape of Famagusta. From there we'll admire the Lala Mustafa Mosque, the Church of Sts. Peter and Paul, and the Venetian walls while we tell you some interesting facts about these monuments.
When we are done taking pictures, we'll head to our final destination: Constantinos beach! There you will have two hours to take a dip in the sea and stroll around the shore of golden sand. Paradise does not get any better than this! Also, to recover our strength we'll have a delicious Cypriot meal that will include a dish of meat, fish, or vegetables and a drink.
Lastly, at 6:30 pm we will drop you off at your hotel to conclude our tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 20% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 2-12||Children under 2|
Children 2-12US$ 96.70
Children under 2not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus or bus.
English speaking guide.
Cross border fees.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.