Enter the Rabaçal Valley to discover the laurel forest and its many waterfalls on this spectacular tour. You'lll also enjoy breathtaking views of the Madeira coast from the Cabo Girao viewpoint.
Cabo Girao and Rabaçal Excursion
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Funchal and Caniço between 8:20 am and 9:00 am. Then we'll set off on an hour's journey in a 4x4 vehicle to the Rabaçal Valley.
In this spectacular area we'll go on a three-hour hike, exploring the laurel forest where springs, waterfalls and the famous levadas de Madeira are hidden. Do you know what they are? Find out on the tour! After the hike, we'll hop back in the vehicle and make our way to Paúl da Serra, where you can get something to eat.
Afterwards we'll set off for the Cabo Girao cliff, the tallest in Europe! Its glass viewpoint will test your fear of heights. You'll admire breathtaking views of the Atlantic coast and the town of Câmara de Lobos.
At the end of the trip we'll return to your hotel, arriving between 4 pm and 4:45 pm.
- This tour includes pick up from hotels and apartments in Funchal Port and Caniço. If you're staying in other areas of the south, you'll have to pay an additional supplement on the day of the tour. Please note that no pick up service is available in the north of the island.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 7 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 7 and 10 years old|
Children between 7 and 10 years oldUS$ 36.70
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off (only in Funchal and Caniço).
Transport in 4x4 vehicle.
English speaking guide.
Pick up in the south of the island (between 5 and 15 euros per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:20 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).