Embark on an adventure across the east of Madeira and discover its breathtaking nature and picturesque towns on this jeep tour from Funchal.
East Madeira Jeep Tour
We'll hop on board the jeep and set off from Funchal to Ribeiro Frio, the first stop on our eight-hour tour. This natural park nestled in the mountains is a spectacular setting where we'll go on a thirty-minute hike. We'll head through the laurel forest and levadas of the area and continue to the Cruzinhas Viewpoint, where we'll admire breathtaking views of the area.
Next we'll make our way to Santana, a picturesque town where we'll have lunch and admire its famous triangular houses. On the way back to Funchal, we'll pass through Faial, Porto da Cruz and the historic city of Machico, the first capital of Madeira.
After a full, exciting day touring the east of the island we'll arrive back at our hotels by around 5 pm.
Here is the menu for our meal in Santana:
- Vegetable soup.
- Main course: to choose between chicken, beef, pork, swordfish or tuna.
- Pudding or fresh fruit.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 70
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Jeep safari tour.
3 course meal.
Water, coffee and wine.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.