Immerse yourself in the Laurissilva Forest and the infinite waterfalls of Madeira. Wander along the scenic tracks and enjoy nature at its most magical. Ready for an unforgettable adventure?
This is the island of eternal spring, with high mountains rising up from the deep blue ocean. Lava from the ancient craters shaped the natural pools that today feed the aqueducts which filter rain water.
We will enjoy all this and much more on our tour of the green north western region of Madeira. Are you ready to get lost in the genuine indigenous forests?
After collecting you, we will head to the Serra de Água, a breath-taking steep valley flanked by impressive mountains where you can enjoy the contrasting views of the peaks and the immense plateau the characterizes the island.
We continue our journey to the first terrace – Encumeada. There will head deep into the immense laurisilva forest and enjoy the ocean views from high up. You will feel the rush of adrenaline as we follow the ancient forest tracks, before arriving at Ginjas, our next stop.
Long trails will guide us through the tropical jungle and the sound of the birds, which becomes very striking in Paul da Serra, will make you feel far removed from the hustle and bustle of your everyday life.
In Fanal, we will continue enjoying the ethereal dance of the waterfalls just before they merge into the sea. In Porto Moniz we will see the genuine lava remains which have created the most beautiful pools in the world.
It will give you goose bumps to realise that is the remains of a volcanic eruption which separates the huge expanse of the Atlantic Ocean from some tranquil salt pools.
After a complete day, we will begin the return journey and drop you at the same pick-up points.
When you make the reservation, you will be asked to specify the place where you want to start the tour:
- Zona 1: Funchal or Caniço.
- Zona 2: (€5 supplement): Puerto de Funchal, Santo da Serra, Machico, Santa Cruz, Camacha, Jardim da Serra, Ponta do Sol or Calheta.
- Zona 3: (€10 supplement): Caniçal, Porto da Cruz, Santana, São Vicente, Ponta Delgada or Prazeres.
The supplement is to be paid directly to the driver on the day of the excursion.
- If you wish, you can sign up for the dinner on the Terraces. You should inform us when you make the reservation as it is not included in the tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 100% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 70% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 11 years old|
Children under 11 years oldUS$ 28
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English.
Visit to the Serra de Água.
Visit to Encumeada.
Visit to Ginjas.
Visit to Paul da Serra.
Visit to Fanal.
Visit to Porto Moniz.
Visit to Seixal.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).