Discover the natural and cultural heritage of Madeira on this panoramic bus tour of the west of the island. See Câmara de Lobos, Cabo Girão and the natural pools of Porto Moniz!
West Madeira Tour
First thing in the morning, we'll pick you up from your hotel in Funchal and board the bus ready for our panoramic tour of western Madeira's most impressive sights. Our first stop will be Câmara de Lobos, a picturesque traditional fishing village which enchanted Winston Churchill and featured in a number of his paintings.
Driving along the narrow roads around Câmara de Lobos, we'll reach one of the highest cliffs in Europe: Cabo Girão. After taking in the dizzying views, we'll follow the road onwards to Ribeira Brava, where we'll visit its historic monuments, admiring beautiful buildings like its iconic blue-and-white-tiled church.
Delving into Madeira's spectacular natural landscapes, we'll drive through the laurel forests of the Paul da Serra plateau, and you'll have the opportunity to take photos of one of the island's most characteristic places of interest.
We'll continue by road to Porto Moniz, a city known for its natural pools formed to volcanic activity on the island. You'll have free time here to relax and swim in this unique environment.
For the finishing touch on our panoramic tour of west Madeira, we'll visit the waterfalls on the north coast and pass through the village of São Vicente to reach the Encumeada mountain pass. At this stunning viewpoint, we'll enjoy unparalleled views over the north and south of the island.
At the end of our eight-hour tour of Madeira, we'll drop you back off at your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 33.80
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in an air conditioned vehicle.
English speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.