Make the most of your time in Funchal visiting a traditional winery set in beautiful natural landscapes and enjoying a wine tasting. An unmissable tour!
Winery Tour & Wine Tasting
After being picked up from your hotel in Funchal, you'll head to Serra d’Água, a valley located in the heart of the island of Madeira. You'll make a brief stop at Encumeada, where you'll enjoy spectacular views over the beautiful landscapes of Ribeira Brava, São Vicente and Paúl da Serra and their lush vegetation.
Continue your adventure onwards with an explanation of the wine production process on Madeira from an expert English-speaking guide. Discover curious facts about this age-old beverage while admiring the verdant hills around you. For the finishing touch on your winery tour, you'll be treated to a tasting of a local wine!
At the end of your wine tasting, you'll head to Cabo Girão, a sea cliff with the highest cliff skywalk in Europe. You'll be left speechless by the incredible views from its 1,900 feet (580 metres) in height over the Atlantic Ocean, Câmara de Lobos and Funchal.
At the end of the tour, you'll be dropped back off at your hotel in Funchal.
You must be over 18 years old to participate in the wine tasting part of this tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 10 years old|
Children between 3 and 10 years oldUS$ 45.30
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Tasting of one wine.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.