Cruise along the stunning west coast of Mauritius when you take our amazing catamaran trip to Benitiers Island. Along the journey, you will see the famous Crystal Rock, a natural monument that seems to float on the surface of the Indian Ocean.
Benitiers Island Catamaran Trip
It's not difficult to disconnect in Mauritius, but it's even easier on board a catamaran. Drift along the idyllic turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean and discover the paradise beaches and islands on the west coast of the archipelago. We set off from the docks at Black River and launch ourselves into the first fantastic experience of the day: cruising over the coral reef.
After witnessing the amazing variety of colors under the surface of the water here, we will head towards Tamarin Bay. If you are lucky, we will even have the chance to spend some time with the friendly dolphins that swim and play in this area of the island. Later, we will stop at the beaches of La Preuneuse and L'Harmonie, where you can take some time to relax and sunbathe on the fine white sand, and take a dip in the gorgeous emerald water.
Our fantastic boat trip continues with a delicious onboard meal as we drift towards the island of Benitiers. Among the tasty food for you to enjoy are freshly grilled fish and meat.
As we approach the last destination on the route, the spectacular Crystal Rock will magically appear before your eyes. This iconic, diamond-shaped rock appears to float on the surface of the ocean. This is one of Mauritius' most famous natural landmarks. Then we finally arrive on the shores of the shore of the island of Benitiers where we disembark and enjoy the rest of the day on its heavenly beaches.
The tour ends back at the original departure point in Black Rock at around 3:30 pm.
During the winter season, from mid-May to October, low tides occur on the west coast, so the boat is forced to make a stop about 30-50 feet from the main beach and guests must walk to the shore.
Please wear beach shoes or rubber boots for the trip.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 11 years old|
Children under 11 years oldUS$ 47.60
6 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a escort that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Multilingual guide (English, Spanish, French).
Food and drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).
Le Morne Anglers' Club.