Dolphins, sea turtles, flying fish... Discover the wealth of marine life in Mauritius on this boat trip, where you'll also get to snorkel at a coral reef.
After meeting at the dock in Black River, you'll have a brief introduction to the marine animals that you may come across during your boat trip. With that, you'll climb aboard and set sail out to sea.
Enjoy a delicious breakfast on board while your expert guides navigate the waters surrounding the island to find the best place to spot the whales and dolphins native to the Isle of Mauritius. The warm waters of the Indian Ocean attract pods of bottlenose dolphins, the most sociable of the species, and the spinner dolphin, an animal famous for the acrobatics it performs. Both are very curious creatures and often approach boats.
The area is also inhabited by sperm whales, enormous animals that can often weigh more than 50 tons. During the southern winter months (from July to September), you can also spot humpback whales and hear the males' deep mating calls. Sea turtles and flying fish are also found in these waters.
After an incredible marine life safari, you'll head to a nearby coral reef. Here you'll have free time to swim and snorkel in the crystalline Mauritian waters. While you see the area's magnificent underwater fauna up close, the crew will prepare lunch on board, including fresh canapés, barbecued chicken and fish, seafood kebabs and salad.
With regained energy, relax on deck enjoying the sun and the sea breeze as you sail back to the port. Your excursion will end at Black River around 3 pm.
Dolphins are very common in the waters off the west coast of Mauritius. Equally, sperm whales are considered to be native species to this area. However, animals are unpredictable, and it is therefore not guaranteed that the species will be seen during this boat trip.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 12 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 87.70
Children under 5 years oldFree
7 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Boat trip along the Mauritius coast.
Breakfast on board.
Lunch on board.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Dolswim. La Jetée Road.