On this trip around the north of Mauritius, you will discover the island’s capital, stroll through the botanical gardens, enter an old sugar factory that now houses a museum, and visit the Labourdonnais plantation, where you will try the local rum and sweet tropical sorbets.
After collecting you from your hotel, we will head for Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius. Established as a secure port by the French colonies in the 17th century, today it is a commercial centre and the most important harbour in the region. We will pass along the streets of Port Louis and browse Central Market, a traditional commercial space with all kinds of aromas and colours.
Our next stop, Caudan Waterfront, is a small peninsula on the bay which has become the commercial centre of Port Louis. The pretty buildings, such as the old meteorological observatory or port offices, are today home to select restaurants and shops.
Our guide will take you to Chinatown, in the centre of Port Louis. As you travel through the traditional ‘friendship gate’, you will travel to the Far East, passing pagodas and small restaurants. We will also visit Fort Adelaide, the colonial citadel of black stone that still dominates the city today. After, you will have your own free time to have a relaxing lunch.
We leave Port Louis behind and head to the Botanical Gardens in Pamplemousses which date back more than 200 years. There you can admire the famous giant water lilies. Close to the gardens, you will encounter an old sugar factory, which has now transformed into an ancient sugar museum call “L’Aventure du Sucre” (The Sugar Adventure).
Our guide will then take us to the Château de Labourdonnais, a 1774 hacienda that only opened to the public a few years ago. There you will see its sugar cane plantation and fruit gardens. Products from these fields are used to make jams and sweets in the hacienda. We tour its restored halls - specimens of a lavish colonial past - and you will sample the delicious rum, juice, and jams.
The tour ends back at your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 4 people||Up to 6 people||Up to 10 people|
|Private Tour of the north of Mauritius||
Private Tour of the north of Mauritius
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 156.80
Up to 6 peopleUS$ 163.10
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 175.60
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Private tour around the north of the island.
English speaking guide.
Food and tickets.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).