Impressive caters, an ancient volcano, lakes, cliffs, waterfalls, and dunes. Discover the natural treasure of Mauritius on this private trip around the south of the Island.
We will collect you from your hotel before visiting Trou-aux-Cerfs, the largest crater in Mauritius and evidence of the island’s volcanic past. It is considered a dormant volcano and from its summit, at more than 600 meters high, it has some unforgettable views over Mauritius. On the clearest days, you can spot Reunion Island on the horizon.
We continue to Mare aux Vacoas, the largest lake on the island. We will trek along the jungle surrounded banks to take in the immensity of this crater lake. The next stop will be another lake, Grand Bassin, the most sacred Hindu place on the island. Each year, the followers walk here in barefoot, from their houses to honor of the god Shiva.
You will have your own free time to have lunch before visiting a tea plantation. Then we head to the Black River Gorges National Park, the largest in the country. This protected wilderness is a stunning landscape of lakes, cliffs, and waterfalls. Here you will experience the tropical jungle up close and discover the variety of flora and fauna native to Mauritius.
We tour a rum distillery in the valley of Chamerel, before visiting the most famous corner of the national park - the otherworldly landscape of the Seven Coloured Earths. These natural dunes are formed with sand of seven different colors which combine to make surreal patterns.
We will return to the hotel around 5:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 4 people||Up to 6 people||Up to 10 people|
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 156.80
Up to 6 peopleUS$ 163.10
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 175.60
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Private trip around the south of the island.
English speaking guide.
Food and tickets.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).