This trip will take you out onto the Indian Ocean in search of dolphins. Discover how these gentle marine mammals behave and swim alongside them in their natural habitat.
We meet up at our offices on the coast of the Rivière Noire (Black River) district to listen to a short briefing. The experts will tell you about the different types of dolphins that inhabit these waters and explain the criteria that must be followed to ensure the wellbeing of these creatures. Then, after a brief, security presentation, we board the boat and head out onto the open sea.
On board, you will receive a small breakfast. We will sail for around two and a half hours, searching for the pods of dolphins that abound in this area. The most common species are the friendly bottlenose dolphin, considered one of the most intelligent animals on the planet, and the spinner dolphin, famous for its acrobatic jumps from where it gets its name.
From our boat, you will observe the dolphins living and playing in the wild, whilst always respecting their wellbeing. You also have the opportunity to dive in and swim alongside these gentle creatures. On the return journey, we make a stop to enjoy the amazing coral reef where you can snorkel amongst this ‘rainforest of the sea’.
The trip ends back at our offices in the Black River district, around 10 pm.
Trip with lunch
If you choose the option of lunch on Benitiers island, then we will visit the islet after the dolphin sighting trip. You will enjoy the dreamy white beaches while the food is being prepared. After recharging your batteries, our team will treat you to a performance of Sega, the typical music of Mauritius. You then have free time to walk along the extensive beaches, sunbathe, or take a dip in the calm blue waters of Benitiers. The excursion finishes back at our offices in the Rivière Noire (Black River) district around 2:30 pm.
When you make the reservation, you will be asked to select the menu you prefer for the trip.
- Brochettes of seafood, chicken, fish, and grilled sausages.
- Bananas Flambé.
- Drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic).
In the case of any food intolerance or special menu requirements, please contact us.
Dolphins are very common on the west coast of Mauritius. However, the animals are unpredictable. We cannot guarantee the species of dolphins or the quantity that will be sighted on the day of your tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 12 years old||Children under 5 years old|
|Sighting + Standard Menu||
|Sighting + Gourmet Menu||
Children between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 29.40
Children under 5 years oldFree
Sighting + Standard Menu
Children between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 46.90
Children under 5 years oldFree
Sighting + Gourmet Menu
Children between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 64.50
Children under 5 years oldUS$ 17.50
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Boat trip along the coast of Mauritius.
Breakfast on board.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Dolswim, La Jetée Road, Grand Rivière Noire.