Discover the incredible marine life of Mauritius while walking underwater amongst the fish and coral reefs. An unforgettable experience - and you don't even need to know how to swim!
After meeting at La Cuvette beach in Grand Baie, you'll climb aboard a boat which will take you to a platform in a quiet area of the stunning bay. While you sail over, your expert guides will give you all the information you need to go on your underwater sea walk in complete safety.
Once you're briefed and ready, you'll head into the sea to a maximum depth of 20 feet (6 m). Can you believe you're walking underwater? Move between the fish, discovering the incredible wealth of marine life off the coast of Mauritius. Your professional guides will be with you at all times on your underwater walk (around 30 minutes).
Is it safe?
You've got nothing to fear! To do this underwater sea walk, you'll use the latest technology and a diving helmet with a transparent visor, ideal for those who have no diving experience and want a true panoramic experience of marine life. You can breathe as normal, as if you were on land. Plus, there's no need to carry an oxygen tank, so the equipment is very light and easy to use.
- You do not need a diving qualification, nor do you need to know how to swim to do this activity.
- This activity is not suitable for children under 10 years old or seniors over 70 years old.
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Underwater sea walk||
Underwater sea walk
Per personUS$ 37.50
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
20 to 30 minute underwater experience.
Experienced English and French speaking guides.
All necessary technical equipment.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
La Cuvette Beach, Grand Baie.