Set off on a full day-trip from Rome on an air-conditioned coach and discover the eerie ruins of Pompeii and revel in a brief panoramic tour of Naples, one of the oldest uninterruptedly populated cities in the world.
Pompeii Day Trip
We'll leave the Italian capital and cross Rome’s fertile landscape and the area of the castles called Castelli Romani. Montecassino is one of the little towns of the region, where the Battle of Monte Cassino took place during World War II.
Upon arrival in the UNESCO-listed Naples, relax while you enjoy a brief panoramic tour of Italy’s third-largest city, its striking palaces, churches and landmarks. After a stop to take great photos, leave Naples behind and cross the fertile Vesuvius valley until you reach Pompeii.
As soon as you arrive, you will stop to have lunch at a restaurant. The menu consists of a pizza (margarita, neapolitan or a ham pizza), a mixed salad, a dessert and a drink (to choose from between water, a glass of wine, a beer or a soft drink).
In the afternoon, enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of the ancient city. Follow your guide through the ghostly streets of Pompeii, buried under tons of volcanic ash when Mont Vesuvius erupted in A.D. 79, killing 2,000 inhabitants. The town was discovered 1,700 years later and now is a remarkably well-preserved archaeological site, where you’ll get a real sense of how life was in an ancient Roman colony.
At the end of your tour, you’ll hop back on the coach and head back to Rome where you'll be dropped off in the city centre at around 8:30 pm.
When making your reservation you can opt for a tour with pick up. If you do so, you'll be picked up from the main hotels in the centre of Rome that have 24-hour reception. If you're staying in an apartment or bed and breakfast, you should head straight to the meet point: in front of the church of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martri, near the metro stops Piazza della Repubblica and Termini.
You can also reserve the tour without pick up. If you choose this option we will pick you up directly from in front of the church of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martri.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 3-7 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour with pick up||
|Tour without pick up||
Tour with pick up
Children 3-7 years oldUS$ 138.20
Children under 3 years oldFree
Tour without pick up
Children 3-7 years oldUS$ 124.80
Children under 3 years oldFree
* The price varies based on the chosen date
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up (optional)
Return transportation on an air conditioned coach.
Knowledgeable English speaking guide.
Skip the line entrance ticket to Pompeii.
Visit an old cameo and coral factory
When to book?
You can book up until 8 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is this excursion recommended for children?
A - As it's a full day excursion, it can be tiring for children. Pick up is at 6:30 am and we return to Roma round 8:30, if there isn't too much traffic.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels and the Martyrs.