Spend a day in paradise: enjoy a luxury cruise over the mesmerising turquoise seas of the Gulf of Nicoya to the spectacular Tortuga Island. Spot incredible wildlife, indulge in delicious food and even take a dip in the jacuzzi on board the catamaran! What are you waiting for?
Tortuga Island Tour from San José
Having been picked up from your hotel in San José first thing in the morning, you'll leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind and head west to the port of Puntarenas.
During the drive, you'll be treated to a light breakfast to build up your energy before your catamaran cruise over to Tortuga Island, located in the Gulf of Nicoya.
If you're lucky, as you sail across the sparkling turquoise waters of the gulf, an inlet of the Pacific Ocean, you'll be able to spot whales, dolphins and other incredible marine animals swimming alongside the boat. The luxury catamaran also has a jacuzzi where you can relax while enjoying the stunning views and listening to live music.
And of course, you'll also be able to indulge in delicious snacks on board, including tropical fruits, fish ceviche and unlimited natural drinks.
Following your hour and a half cruise from the mainland, you'll arrive at Isla Tortuga. Soft white sands, crystal-clear seas and lush tropical jungle await you on this paradise island. You'll have five hours of free time to explore to your heart's content: relax under the Costa Rican sun, hike a trail through the jungle or play volleyball on the beach... the island is your oyster!
After an incredible day on Isla Tortuga, you'll begin the return journey to Punta Arenas, before heading back to San José where you'll be dropped off at your hotel.
Your excursion includes a delicious hearty lunch on Tortuga Island:
- Two cold salads with dressings.
- A fillet of fish and a chicken breast, both grilled and served in sauces.
- Rice with sautéed vegetables.
- A glass of house white wine.
- Dessert and Costa Rican coffee.
If you have any allergies or dietary requirements, please indicate them in the comments box when making your reservation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 124
Children under 3 years oldFree
* The price varies based on the chosen date
14 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Visit to Tortuga Island.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 4 days before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).