Tarragona has a fascinating Roman, medieval, and modernist history. Delve into its past on this guided tour which lets you experience this beautiful Mediterranean city using all five senses.
Tarragona Guided Tour
Sight, smell, taste, touch, and sound. Get ready to discover Tarragona with all your senses. We will meet at 11 am at Calle Mayor 20.
We'll start our visit treating our visual senses using a tablet to experience the past through virtual reality before heading to the Medieval old town of Tarragona, using the smell of incense and candles to transport us back in time.
Continue exploring the Roman 'Tarraco' by visiting the forum, the circus, and the amphitheater. You will find out about the true history of the gladiators, many of whom used to frequent the ancient tavern here. You'll have the opportunity to taste a typical drink for yourself.
At around midday, we'll visit the Casa de la Festa, where we'll learn all about Tarragona's regional folklore festivals as well as getting to listen to the traditional music played as part of the local festivities.
From there, we'll head to the historic Amphitheatre where we'll learn true stories of the gladiators and discover there were both male and female gladiators!
We'll then make our way to the Balcón del Mediterráneo to take part in a common local practice known as "tocar ferro" with our final sense: touch. After making a wish, our tour will come to an end at 1 pm on the Rambla Nova.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Tour in English
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 10.80
Children between 8 and 12 years oldUS$ 6.60
Children under 8 years old.Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Virtual reality glasses.
Tasting of mead.
Entry to Casa de la Festa.
Souvenir of Tarragona.
Free parking for 2 hours in the Saavedra car park (subject to availability).
Tickets: € 7 (US$ 8.40) total per person.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Calle Mayor, 20.