The Teide National Park is a magnificent natural wonder. Discover one of the world's tallest volcanoes and explore Tenerife's spectacular landscapes on this day trip from the north of the island.
Teide National Park Excursion Itinerary
Having been picked up from Puerto de la Cruz in the north of Tenerife, you'll head south to the centre of the Canary island, in the direction of the Cañadas del Teide: the Teide National Park. The volcanic landscapes that make up this magical place look like they could be on the moon - the view is breathtaking!
Your excursion will take you to visit the area surrounding Mount Teide itself. At 3,718 metres (12,198 feet) above sea level, it is the highest mountain in Spain and the third tallest volcano in the world! You'll spend four hours by the volcano with 2 hours of free time to take the cable car up to Teide's peak (not included), from which you'll enjoy incomparable views over the volcanic scenery below.
Rivers of lava from historic volcanic eruptions have moulded the contours of the island, creating valleys and incredible rock formations like the Roques de Garcia. Marvel at the views and discover the local flora and fauna, including fascinating plants that flower right up to the summit of Teide.
Enjoy stunning panoramic views over the Ucanca Valley from the feet of the volcano, before your tour comes to an end returning back to Puerto de la Cruz.
This excursion departs from Puerto de la Cruz. If you're staying in Candelaria, Las Caletillas, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, San Cristóbal de La Laguna, La Orotava or any of the other tourist zones in northern Tenerife, you'll have to make your own way to Puerto de la Cruz to be picked up from the nearest hotel.
If, alternatively, your accommodation is located in El Médano, Callao-El Paraíso, Ten Bel, Los Gigantes, Golf del Sur, La Caleta, Las Américas, Los Cristianos, Chayofa or any of the tourist areas in southern Tenerife, you should book our Teide National Park Day Trip from the south of the island.
Pick up times
Hotel pick up from Puerto de la Cruz takes place between 7:30 am and 8:30 am. When making your reservation, you'll be asked to select your preferred meeting point. After booking, you'll receive an email confirming your exact pick up place and time, as not all hotels are included in the pick up service. If you don't receive this information or you'd like more information before your excursion, please contact us.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 11 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children between 2 and 11 years oldUS$ 15.80
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off (at accommodation located in Puerto de la Cruz).
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Tenerife's history and nature.
Entrance to Teide Cable Car (27 EUR per person).
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.