Have you ever dreamed of visiting a destination where summer never ends? Then La Gomera is the place to go! Civitatis wants to whisk you away to see the best of the island by giving away a 4 night stay for 2 people in a double room with breakfast, with 2 of our most interesting excursions in the region. Head to our Instagram profile to see how you could win.
‘La Gomera with Civitatis and Hotel Jardín Tecina’ Terms & Conditions
First. – ORGANISING COMPANY, OBJECT, DURATION AND SCOPE
The organisation of the giveaway is promoted by the company Civitatis Tours S.L. (hereinafter “CIVITATIS“) with address in Calle Coloreros 2, 28013, Madrid, Spain and N.I.F B- 86899440.
CIVITATIS organises, for promotional purposes, the giveaway”La Gomera with Civitatis” (hereinafter the “Promotion“) of international scope, to be held over the Internet, whose participation is open to persons of legal age.
The Promotion will begin on 23rd August 2021 at 11 am (Peninsular Spanish time) and will end on 26th August 2021 at 12 pm (Peninsular Spanish time).
Notwithstanding the foregoing, CIVITATIS reserves the right to modify the dates of the Promotion at its own convenience.
Second. – PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
All those persons (hereinafter, the “Participants“) who accept the present Terms & Conditions and comply with the following participation rules may take part in the Promotion:
- Follow CIVITATIS BR profile (@civitatis_br) or CIVITATIS EN profile (@civitatis_en) and @hoteljardintecina profile
- Mention two (2) friends, relatives or acquaintances with a valid Instagram profile in the comments of the giveaway post on the CIVITATIS BR (@civitatis_br) or CIVITATIS EN (@civitatis_en) profile.
- Have a valid profile on Instagram and be of legal age (or have the consent of a parent and/or legal guardian).
Third. – PRIZES, CONDITIONS OF THE PROMOTION AND FORM OF REDEMPTION OF THE PRIZE
The winner will be selected by through the EasyPromos application or similar among users who have fulfilled the participation requirements. Participants who have not followed all the steps of the dynamic will be automatically eliminated from the draw. Any profile that is detected as false or commits fraudulent acts will also be eliminated from the draw.
Once CIVITATIS knows who the winner is, they will communicate it from 26th August 2021 via its Instagram profile (@civitatis_en).
The prize for this Promotion, specifically, includes:
- Four (4) nights accommodation for two (2) people at the Hotel Jardín Tecina de La Gomera with breakfast
- Garajonay National Park trek + Bike rental for two (2) people or kayak rental for two (2) people
In relation to the conditions of the prize: (i) the dates are at the winner’s request and subject to the availability of the activities previously mentioned on the CIVITATIS website, (ii) once the winner confirms the dates on which they wish to enjoy the prize no changes can be made, (iii) the prize will be valid for travel between 1st September 2021 and 31st July 2022, (iv) flight, transportation, meals, tips, excursions, travel insurance or any other extra expenses not listed are not included and (v) the prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or substituted for another product.
If the winner cannot be located or contacted within seven (7) calendar days from the date of communication by CIVITATIS, the prize will be awarded to the next participant, chronologically, who meets the requirements for participation and it will be understood that the first winner irrevocably renounces the prize awarded. If the substitute participant could not be located within a new period of seven (7) natural days from the communication sent by CIVITATIS, the prize will become vacant.
The winner will be responsible for any tax charges that may be incurred as a result of accepting the prize as well as any other expenses derived from the promotion that are not expressly assumed by CIVITATIS in these legal terms.
Fourth. – LIMITATIONS
The following persons may not participate in the Promotion, nor their spouses, ascendants or descendants to the second degree (inclusive): (i) the outsourced workers employed in any of the companies and other entities with legal personality linked to CIVITATIS, (ii) the natural persons who participate directly or indirectly in the capital of CIVITATIS, (iii) the Registry designated for the filing of these bases, nor any of the employees of such Registry and (iv) any other natural person who has participated directly or indirectly in this Promotion or has been involved directly or indirectly in its preparation or development (agency, suppliers, etc.).
By accepting these Legal Bases, Participants consent to CIVITATIS’ exclusion or disqualification from the Promotion.
Participation after the closing date of the Promotion will be considered null and void, as well as participation that does not meet the requirements established in the second section of the present Legal Conditions. CIVITATIS reserves the right to exclude from the Promotion those Participants who it suspects or detects have participated in a fraudulent manner.
If it becomes evident that the winners or substitutes do not fulfil the requirements demanded in the Bases, or do not prove what is requested of them, their participation will be considered null and void and they will automatically be excluded from the Promotion, losing all rights to the prize awarded by virtue of this Promotion.
The prize that will be awarded is not subject to change, modification or compensation at the request of the winners, and cannot be redeemed for any other product or for cash. CIVITATIS reserves the right, if there is just cause and prior legal notice, to make any change, suspend or extend this Promotion.
There is a period of fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of awarding the prize to make any claim arising from this Promotion. Once the fifteen (15) calendar days have passed from the date on which the prize was awarded, the trip will be formalised and/or managed.
The present document states that the Participants do not have to pay, as a consequence of the proposed Competition, any additional sum to CIVITATIS.
CIVITATIS reserves the right, if necessary, to substitute the prizes for others of similar characteristics.
Fifth. – EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
By way of enunciation and not limitation, CIVITATIS shall not be liable for the following circumstances:
- The use that the winner makes of the prize object of the present Promotion.
- For damages and losses of any nature that may be due to the temporary lack of availability or continuity of operation of telecommunications networks.
- Of the services provided by any other entity with which CIVITATIS collaborates in providing services to the winner as a result of the prizes awarded, as well as those resulting from negligent behavior in the enjoyment of the prizes.
- Of the cases of force majeure or fortuitous event that could prevent the realization of the Promotion or the total or partial enjoyment of your prize. If this Promotion cannot be carried out, whether due to fraud detected in the Promotion, technical errors or any other reason that is not under the control of CIVITATIS and that affects the normal development of the Promotion, CIVITATIS reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion.
Sixth. – LIMITATION ON CONTENT OF PHOTOS AND COMMENTS
- Discrimination: Under no circumstances may they be carried out with an intention to discriminate against third parties and violate the principles of the right to honour, personal and family intimacy, self-image and personal dignity. Any type of discriminatory content is forbidden, whether for reasons of race, sex, religion, opinion, nationality, disability or any other personal or social circumstance.
- Illegal activities: They may not include content that promotes illegal activities or incorporates obscene or defamatory content.
- Self-destructive content: it is forbidden to include content that promotes the consumption of narcotic substances or that could incite eating disorders and self-injury.
- Violence: It is strictly forbidden to participate with photos and comments that promote violence and/or include without limitation, sexual violence or violence against animals and people.
- Degrading content: Photos that are intimidating, threatening, degrading or in any way promote violence against a person or a particular collective are not allowed.
- Sexual content: It is expressly forbidden to incorporate any kind of sexual content.
If it is proven that any of the Participants of the Promotion has incurred any of the limitations set out in this section, CIVITATIS reserves the right to exclude such Participant from the present Promotion.
CIVITATIS is not responsible for the damage caused by the content included in the photographs published by the Participants in the Promotion, and that at any given moment may hurt the sensitivity of other Participants, therefore CIVITATIS declines all legal and juridical responsibility for all photographs and descriptions.
Seventh. – PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
CIVITATIS takes the protection of your privacy and personal data very seriously. Therefore, your personal information is kept securely and treated with the utmost care.
In accordance with the provisions of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and by which Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter “GDPR”) is derogated from and Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December, on the Protection of Personal Data and Guarantee of Digital Rights (hereinafter, “LOPDGDD”), each Participant by accepting these Legal Bases consents to the personal data provided for participation in this Promotion being incorporated into a database owned by CIVITATIS in order to process the Participant’s participation and to notify the Participant of the prize if the Participant is the winner.
CIVITATIS maintains adequate security in accordance with the RGPD and the LOPDGDD, and has established all the technical means within its reach to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access and theft of all data that Participants provide through the Promotion, without prejudice to informing them that Internet security measures are not impregnable. CIVITATIS undertakes to comply with the duty of secrecy and confidentiality regarding the personal data contained in the automated file in accordance with applicable law, as well as to provide a secure treatment in the case of transfers that could occur.
The Participant guarantees that the personal data provided are true and is responsible for communicating to CIVITATIS any modification of them. The Participant will respond, in any case, for the accuracy of the data provided, reserving CIVITATIS the right to exclude from the Promotion any Participant who has provided false data, without prejudice to exercising the other actions that may proceed in law. It is recommended to have the utmost diligence in matters of Data Protection through the use of security tools, not being able to hold CIVITATIS responsible for illegal subtractions, modifications or loss of data.
We inform you that you can exercise your rights of Access, Rectification, Deletion, Opposition, limitation, portability, forgetting and not being subject to automated individual decisions, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, or by letter to the address Calle Coloreros 2, 28013, Madrid, including a copy of your Identity Document.
Eighth. – CHANGES AND ACCEPTANCE
CIVITATIS reserves the right to modify or extend these promotional bases insofar as it does not prejudice or diminish the rights of the Participants of the Promotion.
Participation in the Promotion entails full acceptance of these Legal Bases by the Participants who register for the Promotion, which may be registered in a document authorized by a Notary Public and which will be available to any person who wishes to consult them.
Ninth. – APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms & Conditions will be interpreted and governed in accordance with Spanish law. The Courts of the city of residence of the Participants will have jurisdiction to settle any claim or controversy that may arise in relation to the validity, interpretation or fulfilment of these bases.