Discover the fascinating history of Aachen on this private tour of its most iconic monuments with an exclusive guide just for you and your group!
Aachen Private Tour
At the time you book, we'll meet in front of Aachen Cathedral to begin a two-hour tour of this spectacular German city that sits on the border with Belgium and the Netherlands. We'll start by admiring the magnificent cathedral, one of the first monuments in Germany to be listed as a World Heritage Site!
During the guided tour, you'll find out fascinating information about the city's history, such as the reason why Emperor Charlemagne chose Aachen as his place of residence and how it became a symbol of European power.
We'll visit important places in the city centre such as the Marktplatz, Aachen's market square where we'll enjoy a vibrant university atmosphere and bustling terraces. Here, we'll also see the Rathaus, the Town Hall building that dates back to the 14th century.
Afterwards, we'll head to the Ponttor, one of the only remaining gates of Aachen's ancient defensive walls. What's more, we'll discover the city's Roman ruins and the Elisenbrunnen building, an ancient Roman spa-bath!
Our tour will end at a place of your choice in the centre of the city.
Advantages of a Private Tour
By booking a private tour you'll receive a personalised service, choose the day and time that best suits you and if you're a big group you'll even save money!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organised for you and your partner, friends or family.
Up to 6 peopleUS$ 240.50
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 268.70
Up to 16 peopleUS$ 296.90
Up to 25 peopleUS$ 325.10
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Private and exclusive tour, there will be no one else in the group.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).