GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USEIntroductory provisions
CIVITATIS, owner of the Website www.civitatis.com (hereafter the “Website”), is a company dedicated to the reservation and sale of activities, excursions guided tours and other touristic activities throughout the world, for those Users who are interested in contracting said services. CIVITATIS places a platform www.civitatis.com at the disposition of its Users, through which a natural or legal person (hereafter “the User”) can reserve tourist activities, excursions, guided tours and transfers.
The details of CIVITATIS are as follows:
- Name: CIVITATIS TOURS, S.L.
- Spanish Fiscal Identification Number: B-86899440
- Address: Calle Coloreros 2, 28013, Madrid
- Contact Email: email@example.com
If you access, view, or use the materials, content, or services via the Website, this implies that the User understands and accepts these General Conditions of Use, which define the rights and obligations of CIVITATIS and the User, regards the contraction of touristic activities, guided tours and transfers.
These are the only General Conditions of Use applicable to the use of the Website (notwithstanding that some services may entail specific conditions) and to the contraction of services which supersede any other conditions, except in the case of a previous agreement in writing between CIVITATIS and the User.
To access the Website, User registration is not required. However, to be able to contract any of the services offered by CIVITATIS it is required that the User registers and accepts these conditions before making the corresponding payment.
2.- PURPOSE OF THE WEBSITE
CIVITATIS has developed this Website to offer the User a service for the reservation of activities, excursions, and guided tours in different countries throughout the world.
CIVITATIS also offers pick up and transfer services through the Website, which permits the User to contract a private vehicle, which will pick them up and transfer them from one point to another within the cities where CIVITATIS offers this service.
CIVITATIS informs you that the activities, excursions and guided tours, as well as the transfers, are services provided by third parties, who collaborate with CIVITATIS (hereafter the Provider/s). Therefore CIVITATIS IS LIMITED EXCLUSIVELY TO THE RESERVATION OF ACTIVITIES, EXCURSIONS, GUIDED TOURS AND TRANSFERS, THROUGHOUT THE WORLD, WHICH ARE THEMSELVES UNDERTAKEN DIRECTLY BY THE PROVIDERS.
In addition, via the Website, CIVITATIS offers its Users free travel guides to different destinations, which include photographs, information on transport, the most important tourist sites, an interactive map and different recommendations and advice related to the destination. The access and consultation of said travel guides can only be done online, and their commercialisation is prohibited, with the User accepting this use and being responsible for misuse and unauthorised use.
In general, the contraction of the services offered by CIVITATIS will take place between the User and CIVITATIS, although with certain providers CIVITATIS will be limited to offering its Website as an online platform through which providers offer their services to be contracted directly by Users.
In this latter case, the User, when finalising the reservation, establishes a contractual relationship with the provider with whom they have reserved the activity or transfer. CIVITATIS will act as an intermediary between the User and provider, limited to transmit the relevant reservation details to the provider and sending the User an email confirmation of the reservation in place of the provider.
The information displayed by CIVITATIS through the Website is, in any case based on the information provided by the local providers.
3.- RESERVATION WITH CIVITATIS AND REGISTRATION ON THE WEBSITE
To be able to make reservations via the Website, the User will have to provide their personal details (name, surname, e-mail, telephone and mobile), or in their case the data of the person in whose name the activity or transfer is being reserved, with CIVITATIS being able to make the reservation solicited by the User.
Users can also create a User Account by filling out the registration form on the Website. Through this account, the User will create a profile which will provide access to a private area of the Website, through which they can manage all the reservations made through said Website.
By accepting these General Conditions of Use, Users state that they will provide correct, exact, current and complete data about their identity, or the person in whose name the activity or transfer is being reserved. In this way, the Users will be responsible for the accuracy of the data given to CIVITATIS and of any consequences which could arise from errors in this information.
Users will bear full responsibility for the use of their account. Therefore they will also be responsible for the care and confidentiality of their Username and/or passwords which permit access to their account, and state that they will not provide use to third parties, whether temporary or permanent, nor provide access to said third parties.
In accordance with the former, Users must immediately notify CIVITATIS by email to firstname.lastname@example.org any unusual activity regarding their User name and/or password, arising from circumstances such as theft, loss, or unauthorised use, so CIVITATIS can proceed to cancel or block as soon as the undue use of your User Account is known. If you fail to communicate the above, CIVITATIS will be exempt from any responsibility for the consequences of undue use of the Username or password by unauthorised third parties.
4.- SPECIFIC CONDITIONS REGARDING THE RESERVATION OF ACTIVITIES, EXCURSIONS AND GUIDED TOURS
The reservations made by each User via the Website are subject to the specific conditions which apply to each activity, excursion or guided tour. The User can find these conditions in the description of the activity on the Website, and in the confirmation email sent by CIVITATIS after the reservation is made.
4.1- General Conditions Applicable to all Services.In general, the reservation of activities, excursions and guided tours that CIVITATIS promotes through its Website are subject to the following conditions:
- The dates and schedules of the activities, excursions and guided tours published on the Website have been pre-established by the providers and cannot be modified. The only way the date and time of an activity could be modified would be when the User has contracted a private service, in which case this modification would need to be transmitted via the contact form on the Website, available at www.civitatis.com/en/contact/ . In any case, the response of CIVITATIS will depend on the conditions of each provider.
- Users can modify the details of their reservation if the conditions of the activity, excursion, and/or guided tour permit this. To be able to make this modification the User should log in using the link sent in the confirmation email, or directly from the pan available in the User Account under the section marked “Reservations”.
- The minimum notice period to book an activity varies depending on the activity, excursion and/or guided tour that the User would like to reserve. This can be seen in the details of the activity on the Website. CIVITATIS informs you that it is impossible to reserve an activity with less notice than that which has been indicated in the corresponding activity.
4.2. – Specific conditions relating to the information of the activity, excursion and/or guided tour reserved.The meeting point, date, time, duration and all necessary information for the activity, excursion and/or guided tour reserved can be found in the description of each service, both on the Website and in the confirmation email that CIVITATIS sends to the User once the reservation is made.
In the confirmation email as well as giving you all the information regarding the reserved service, CIVITATIS may provide the User with a reservation voucher for the activity, activity, excursion and/or guided tour or CIVITATIS will inform the User about the arrival of an email from the provider with the justification being that the User should present this to the provider before the activity begins, or once it’s finished, depending on the specific conditions established by the provider.
Users must be punctual and be at the meeting point at the time and on the day indicated on their voucher, as all activities, excursions and/or guided tours have a specific departure time, and it is impossible to modify the start time.
Duration of the activities, excursions and/or guided tours published on the Website are of a referential nature and could be subject to variations depending on the functioning of the service on the day or a factor external to the provider and/or CIVITATIS such as inclement weather, traffic, demonstrations etc.
If, once the User is in the destination and has questions relating to the service reserved, and in particular with the meet point of the activity, excursion or visit the Users can contact the provider on the telephone that appears in the voucher CIVITATIS sends when confirming the reservation.
CIVITATIS informs you that the provider may request that you show your voucher before the tour begins. CIVITATIS does not accept any responsibility should the User not do so.
5.- CONDITIONS SPECIFIC TO THE RESERVATON OF TRANSFERS
Each transfer offered by CIVITATIS on the Website is subject to certain conditions which the User can consult in the description of the transfer in question (found on the Website), or in the confirmation email that CIVITATIS sent when the reservation was made.
Notwithstanding, Users should take into account the following:
- There are no supplements for luggage. The prices on the CIVITATIS Website are final and there is no additional cost (as long as the luggage fits in the reserved vehicle). The price indicated on the Website is per contracted vehicle and includes tolls and tips for the driver. Should luggage exceed the capacity of the reserved vehicle, the User bears responsibility for any extra charge.
- Private service: the transfer service offered by CIVITATIS is private, so the vehicle may only be used by the Users who have contracted this service.
- Vehicle seats: the number of seats indicated on the Website is the maximum number of passengers who can travel in the vehicle not including the driver. Take into account that a child occupies just as much space as an adult.
- Pick up time: with transfers from the airport, the User should indicate the flight number and scheduled arrival time of their flight. With other transfers the User must only indicate the time they would like to be picked up.
- Modification of the reserved transfer: The User can modify the transfer if the conditions of the service permit it. The User can modify the transfer using a link which CIVITATIS will include in the confirmation emails, or directly from their User account.
- Contact with the driver: In the confirmation email, CIVITATIS will detail the name, email and emergency contact of the provider (or driver) in case the User can’t find the driver or encounters a problem.
- Stops on the journey: If the User has to make a stop during the journey (for example if Users are staying at two different hotels), these stops will imply an additional cost, which varies by city.
- Location of the destination: if the address of the destination is outside the centre of the city, this will imply an additional cost.
- Modifications of the agreed route: If the User would like to modify the agreed route, this may imply additional costs which will be the responsibility of the User.
The contracting conditions of CIVITATIS’ reserved services will be formalized once the Users have completed and accepted the activity or transfer reservation form and this has been confirmed, with the reservation and payment processes having been completed correctly.
The prices will be indicated by CIVITATIS when the reservation of the activity or transfer chosen by the User is being made. All services are immediately confirmed and payment should be made immediately by credit or debit card (Visa or Mastercard) or via PayPal.
In general, CIVITATIS takes payment via the web page of the activity, excursion, guided tour and/or transfer reserved by the User. However, there are some services whose providers permit that, when making the payment, the User pays a part of the total and when arriving to take part in the activity, excursion, guided tour and/or transfer the User will have to pay the remaining amount. In any case, this aspect of the conditions depends on each local supplier.
These prices are shown in Euros (€), Dollars ($), Pound Sterling (£), Mexican Pesos ($), Argentinian Pesos ($) or Brazilian Reales (R$) and include taxes, with the total amount to be shown when the reservation of the service is confirmed.
Usually, CIVITATIS does not apply discounts in the provision of its services, unless it is established in the conditions of the corresponding activity, day trip, guided tour and/or transfer.
Having made the reservation, Users will receive an email which confirms receipt of payment for the contracted service and will provide a receipt for said services. The User should take into account that this receipt is not equivalent to the corresponding invoice for the contraction of these services. The User can solicit this invoice once the reservation has been formalised via the Website.
The User can download documentation regarding the contraction of services by CIVITATIS via the Website. In some cases the necessary documentation to take this service will be sent via email to the User by the provider. If the reservation is cancelled, the conditions in section 7 of these conditions apply, and CIVITATIS will send the relevant rectifying documents to the User.
If the service contracted takes place outside Spain, CIVITATIS will send a purchase receipt and Users will be able to request an invoice from the provider.
If the service contracted takes place within Spain, CIVITATIS will send an invoice for the supply of services as intermediaries in the provider’s place, in accordance with the Disposición Adicional 4ª del Real Decreto 1619/2012, of the 30th November, which is the regulation under which invoicing obligations falls.
Users shall notify CIVITATIS of any undue or fraudulent charges on the card that was used for the purchase by writing to email@example.com, as soon as possible for CIVITATIS to be able to make the necessary adjustments.
7.- CANCELLATION POLICY
Notwithstanding the User’s rights with regard to cancellations of package travel services, which are subject to the provisions of the Spanish Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of 16 November, approving the revised text of the General Law for the Defence of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws (hereinafter, "General Law of Consumers and Users"), each of the services advertised by CIVITATIS on the Website (activities, excursions, guided tours and transfers) has a specific cancellation policy, which the User can consult in the description of the activity (on the Website), as well as in the confirmation email sent by CIVITATIS once the booking has been made.
Each service provided by CIVITATIS on the present Website (activities, day trips, guided tours and transfers) has its own specific cancellation policy. The User can check each specific cancellation policy in the description part of each activity (in the Website) or on the confirmation email that CIVITATIS will send the User once the reservation has been made.
Hence, the specific cancellation conditions will be applicable to each service, which establish the cancellation time and possible penalisation.
CIVITATIS will manage cancellations and will confirm the cancellation policies of each activity, excursion, guided tour and/or transfer.
If the SUPPLIER does not have availability on the reserved date, CIVITATIS will offer the customer an alternate date or schedule, which must be accepted or declined by the customer. If no reply about the alternative option is received within 72 hours, the booking will be cancelled and refunded immediately. In either case, CIVITATIS will send the relevant documentation.
8.- CONDUCT ON THE WEBSITE
Users will not make licit, honest and correct use of the information and content accessed via the Website, and all this comes under the principles of good faith, respecting legality and the present General Conditions. In particular, but not limited to, Users should not:
- i. Register or communicate details which are not correct, exact, complete and/or current, nor access the Website using the name, details or password of another User, or supplant any other person or identity.
- ii. The User may not access or use the Website or the Entity’s systems or services in any way that CIVITATIS might judge to be illegal, fraudulent or related to any criminal activity.
- iii. Introduce or transmit electronic viruses which could make unauthorised alterations in the content or integrated systems of the Website.
- iv. Create a profile, or use the Website to use or reuse any illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or threatening material, or that constitutes an infringement of Intellectual Property rights, trademarks, confidentiality, privacy or any other right, or is otherwise offensive, reprehensible to third parties, or whose content has computer viruses, political propaganda, advertising, chain mail, mass mailing or any other type of spam and, in general, any content that can cause any kind of necessary inconvenience.
- v. Download, send, or distribute in any other way content or applications which could fall foul of any active legislation or impinge on the rights of any third party.
9.- OPINIONS, COMMENTS, COMMUNICATION AND OTHER CONTENT
Users that reserve activities, day trips, guided tours and/or transfers on the present Website can publish their reviews and opinions on the Website.
To do this, CIVITATIS will send Users an email when the activity or transfer is over, so that they can review their experience and service provided by CIVITATIS.
When CIVITATIS receives a User’s review, it will be looked over and published as soon as possible on the present Website.
It is forbidden to upload intimidating, threatening, degrading or that promote violence against a particular group of people in any way. The Website cannot be used for advertising, promoting companies or businesses, brands or personal elements. CIVITATIS will only publish User’s reviews that correspond to the service reserved by the User.
In particular, CIVITATIS reserves the right to not publish reviews that include the following words and phrases:
- Discriminatory remarks: In no case will CIVITATIS publish Users’ remarks that are offensive, unsuitable or derogatory to an individual and that violate the right to personal and family rights and taint the self-image or dignity of a person. All comments that are racist, sexist, discriminating in terms of nationality, opinion or disability or any other personal or social circumstance are also forbidden.
- Illegal activities: It is forbidden to upload content that promotes illegal activities or that include obscene or defamatory content.
- Violence: It is expressly forbidden for the reviews to include texts that promote violence and/or that include sexual violence or violence against animals and/or people.
- Degrading content: It is forbidden to upload reviews or opinions that are intimidating, threatening, degrading or any content that promotes violence against an individual or a determined collective.
- i. Communication to CIVITATIS must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to www.civitatis.com/en/contact/
- ii. Communication to the Users will take place using the email used to register.
Notwithstanding the liability in package travel services which are subject to the provisions of the General Law of Consumers and Users, and by way of illustration, but not limitation, CIVITATIS is not liable for the following circumstances:
- i. Users that cancel a service after the deadline date. CIVITATIS is not liable under any concept to repay the amount paid by the Users when they have not complied with the cancellation period stipulated in the cancellation policy applied to each service.
- ii. When Users are late to the activity’s meeting point on the day of the activity (reserved guided tour, day trip and/or transfer). This means that CIVITATIS will not assume any responsibility if the User is late for the activity or misses his or her transfer due to lateness and/or for not finding the correct meeting point.
- iii. When the local suppliers turn Users away from an activity, day trip and/or guided tour because the User does not provide the corresponding voucher, either printed or downloaded on their smartphone (according the Supplier’s requirements).
- iv. When the Users’ property is damaged or stolen during the activity, day trip, guided tour booked or during the transfer service reserved.
- v. When Users suffer an accident, an injury or any type of damage during the activity, day trip, guided tour and/or transfer service. Moreover, Users that suffer an accident or injury before the day of the activity and which impedes them to enjoy the service booked.
- vi. When the transfer service does not arrive at the meeting point because the information provided by the User is incorrect or mistaken concerning the time and address.
- vii. When Users miss their flights, trains, buses or any other means of transportation, as a consequence of not having reserved the transfer service far enough in advance, as recommended by CIVITATIS. Users are responsible for knowing their departure time (flight/train/bus) and reserving the corresponding transfer service with sufficient time.
- viii. For the weather conditions in which the local supplier carries out the activities, day trips and guided tours reserved by the Users. Under no circumstance is CIVITATIS responsible for these circumstances, in which case service is believed to have been carried out correctly.
- ix. For the quality of the service provided by the local supplier.
- x. For situations where the activities, excursions or guided tours have been completed, taking in the major points of interest, but the duration has changed a little due to any factor outside the control of the provider and/or CIVITATIS. In this situation, the service will be taken to have been carried out correctly.
- xi. For complaints and refunds regarding the service contracted by the User which come under the purview of the local provider, with not taking into account that CIVITATIS may collaborate with the User in order to attend to their refund.
- xii. The completion of any obligation, be it financial or otherwise, as a consequence of the service provided by the Provider. CIVITATIS is not responsible for any kind of financial obligation in relation to the services provided.
- xiii. If the Website and / or its services or Contents are unavailable, under maintenance or are incorrectly used, excluding, to the maximum extent permitted by current legislation, any liability for damages that may be related to the lack of availability or continuity of the Website and its Content enabled.
- xiv. Technical errors due to third parties or force majeure which causes the Website to function incorrectly.
- xv. By reasons of force majeure, for example, failure, suspension or interruption of services or use of the Website, as a result of an Internet blockage, third parties’ actions or omissions, or any other independent causes or circumstances that prevent the normal use of the Website.
With regard to any package travel services offered by CIVITATIS to which the provisions of the General Law of Consumers and Users apply, if after having selected and paid for a package travel service with another company, the User books additional travel services for his/her trip through CIVITATIS, he/she will NOT enjoy the rights that apply to package travel by virtue of the revised text of the General Law of Consumers and Users.
Therefore, CIVITATIS will not be liable for the correct provision of such additional travel services. In the event of problems, the User should contact the corresponding service provider.
However, if the User books additional travel services during the same visit on the CIVITATIS Booking Website, these services will form part of linked travel services. In this case, as required by European Union law, CIVITATIS has signed a protection guarantee to refund the User for payments made to CIVITATIS for services that have not been provided due to the insolvency of CIVITATIS and, if necessary, for repatriation. Please note that no refund will be made in the event of insolvency of the relevant service provider.
CIVITATIS has signed a protection guarantee against insolvency with the insurance company Intercaución with address at Calle Alcalá 87, 4° Right, 28009 Madrid, E and telephone number 910 68 48 65
If services are not provided due to the insolvency of CIVITATIS, Users may contact said entity or, where applicable, the competent authority.
11.- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
11.1 Intellectual and Industrial property regarding the CIVITATIS Website.Any and all intellectual property rights associated with the Website and its contents are the sole property of CIVITATIS or third party Websites. All designs, texts, custom graphics, logos, icons, buttons, software, names, brands, industrial drawings and other items that appear on the Website are property of CIVITATIS and other entities that have granted CIVITATIS the right and license to use such Marks and may not be used or interfered with without the written consent of CIVITATIS or the third-party entities.
None of the Website’s Content and/or information may be modified, reproduced, republished, translated into any other language, distributed or re-transmitted in any form or by any means without prior written consent of CIVITATIS in compliance with the Royal Legislative Decree 1/1996, 12 April, which approves the Consolidated Text of the Intellectual Property Law, as well as Law 17/2001, 7 December, of Trademarks and the complementary legislation in matter of Intellectual and Industrial property.
CIVITATIS does not give the User any license or authorization of any kind regards its intellectual and industrial Property or any other kind of rights related to the Website, services and Contents. In no case will the access and navigation of the Users imply a renunciation, transmission, license or total or partial cession of these rights on behalf of CIVITATIS.
Any use of these contents not previously authorized by CIVITATIS will be considered a serious infringement of the intellectual or industrial property rights and will give rise to legally established liabilities.
11.2 Intellectual property concerning users reviews published on the website.As CIVITATIS allows Users to publish their reviews on the present Website, the Users must give CIVITATIS a universal license, without restrictions and free to use, distribute, public communication, adaptation and duplicate these reviews. Via this license, CIVITATIS can transform, adapt and to sum up, use the Users’ reviews for publicity and promotion of CIVITATIS’ Website and social media.
CIVITATIS reserves the right to make as many changes as necessary to these General Conditions of Use. If any modifications are made, Users will be previously informed. These modifications will be valid from the moment they are published on the Website.
13.- SAFEGUARD CLAUSE
All the clauses or provision in these General Conditions of Use must be interpreted independently and autonomously. The rest of clauses may not be affected if one of them is declared void by judicial judgment or firm arbitration. The clause or clauses that have been affected will be replaced by other provisions that preserve these General Conditions of Use.
14.- JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LEGISLATION
These General Conditions of Use are in accordance with the Spanish Legislation. In case of a litigation concerning the interpretation, execution or validity of these General Conditions of Use, the Courts and Tribunals of the User shall be competent.
In accordance with Regulation (EU) No 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013. on the resolution of online consumer litigations, CIVITATIS also informs Users that, in case of controversy, Users resident in the European Union will be able to go to the "Online Platform for Conflict Resolution" developed by the European Commission, in order to try to solve extrajudicially any controversy arising from the provision of services by CIVITATIS.
To access the "Online Platform for Conflict Resolution" go to the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
In any case, CIVITATIS makes it clear to the Users that they have a Claim Form by which they can make any complaint or claim in relation to the services provided by CIVITATIS.