No trip to Corsica is complete without visiting the beautiful Sanguinaires Islands. With this cruise, you will sail along the coast from Ajaccio and be mesmerized by the famous red tones of the rocks.
Sanguinaires Islands Boat Cruise
The tour leaves from Ajaccio at midday, heading out towards the famous Sanguinaires Islands. The route will take us west along the Corsican coast, passing the house of Tino Rossi, the celebrated French actor and singer who was born in this region. The port of Corsica’s capital was named after him in honor of his life and work.
On this route, you will also encounter the ‘Chapel of the Greeks’, constructed by refugees in the Greek settlement of Paomia in the 18th century before they relocated to the north of the island.
Then we arrive at the Sanguinaires Islands, the main attraction on this cruise. From the boat, you will see the iconic tower of Parata. This Genoese turret was created in 1608, dominating the area from its high vantage point. You will understand where these islands get their name when you see the astonishing rocks that seem to bleed reddish tones. This is due to the jasper rock which prevails in this region.
Then, we will make a stop on the main island of Mezumare for 1 hour so you can take a swim, or walk to the Alphonse Duadet lighthouse at the summit. In Mezumare, also known as the ‘Grand Sanguinaire’ you can also explore the ruins of a ‘lazarreto’, an isolated islet which was used as a quarantine station for fishermen and sailors, but which is now home to curious birds.
At approximately 5:05 pm, we will return to the port of Ajaccio where the trip finishes.
If you want, you can reserve the boat trip of the Sanguinaires Islands from Porticcio.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 12 years||Children under 4 years|
Children from 4 to 12 yearsUS$ 16.80
Children under 4 yearsFree
2 hours 25 minutes.
Sanguinaires Islands Boat Cruise.
1 hour stop in Mezumare.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Ajaccio local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (except for the restrooms).
Quai Napoleon, Ajaccio port