Discover the beauty of the Algarve: explore the rugged caves and rock formations of the southern Portugal coastline as you look out for dolphins. An unmissable boat trip!
Algarve Dolphin Watching Boat Trip Itinerary
After setting sail from Albufeira Marina, you'll head out over the refreshing waters of the Atlantic, enjoying the sea breeze and the pure joy of cruising along the coast. You'll be on board the Insonia, a small vessel with a maximum of twelve people, allowing a more personal experience. Throughout your journey sailing along the Algarve to Carvoeiro Beach, you'll be captivated by the enchanting rock formations along the southern coast of Portugal. You'll discover some of the magical sea caves formed out of the dramatic rocky cliffs.
You'll then sail further out to sea on the lookout for dolphins. The sea around the Algarve is an attractive area for these marine mammals, who frequently approach boats out of curiosity. Guided by an expert in local sealife, you'll cruise over the sea in search of common dolphins and bottlenose dolphins. The latter are one of the most sociable and playful of the species, and will often swim near to boats - if you're lucky, you'll get to see them jumping and playing near you!
You'll return to Albufeira Marina after a two hour excursion at sea.
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems.
- Dolphins are very common around the Algarve. However, as the animals live freely and are unpredictable, we cannot guarantee they will be seen on your trip.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Children between 3 and 10 years oldUS$ 29.70
Children from 1 to 3 years oldUS$ 11.90
under 1not admitted
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Local English speaking guide.
Boat trip along the Algarve coastline.
On board commentary and briefing.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Gate 4 Café at Albufeira Marina.