The province of Jaen is the home of olive oil and you can find all about it when you visit the Olive Museum in Baeza and the town's oil mill.
Olive Museum and Oil Mill Visit
Your experience begins at the entrance to the Olive Culture Museum, where you can browse the fascinating exhibitions while listening to descriptions with an English language audioguide. You will also learn some fascinating facts about the industry with the help of the audiovisual panels. You will discover 50 varieties of olives and see the traditional techniques of pressing and 19th Century equipment.
We will also visit the oil cellar, known as the "Cathedral of Oil", which was built in 1848. You will see its splendid architecture which was influenced by central European styles.
Next, an expert guide will show you the current functioning oil mill, where inside you will discover the modern day process of production and extraction of olive oil in the middle of the 21st Century.
If all this has left you with cravings to try this quintessential part of the Mediterranean diet then don't worry. At the end of the tour, you will enjoy a tasting of this liquid gold and even receive a bottle to take home.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
Tour in English
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 11.40
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 9
Children under 3 years oldFree
1 hour 45 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Entry to the Olive Culture Museum and English language audio guide.
Guided tour of the oil mill.
Olive oil tasting.
Bottle of Olive Oil Souvenir.
When to book?
You can book up until 10 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Entrance to the Olive Culture Museum