Giant's Causeway, Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge and the Dark Hedges: discover Northern Ireland's most emblematic landmarks on this day trip from Belfast.
Giant's Causeway Tour
On the day of the excursion, we'll set off from Belfast at 9:30 am and head to the north in the direction of our first stop: the Dark Hedges. We'll spend around twenty minutes in this mysterious spot, an avenue lined with beech trees which has become an iconic attraction in Northern Ireland - so much so that Game of Thrones has used it as a filming location for the King's Road!
Continuing on our tour of Northern Ireland, we'll head past the Bushmills Distillery, and our guide will tell us all about how whiskey is made in Ireland. If you do this tour in summer, we'll also make a five-minute stop at Dunluce Castle so you can take photos of the clifftop medieval castle ruins.
Our next stop is the highlight of the day and the most popular tourist attraction in Northern Ireland. Giant's Causeway is an enormous collection of interlocking basalt columns created by an ancient volcanic eruption, although according to local legend it was formed when an Irish giant ripped the earth from the ground - we'll let you decide which is the true story!
The UNESCO World Heritage Site has such uniquely spectacular landscapes that you'll feel as though you're on an alien planet. We'll spend an hour and a half exploring the fascinating hexagonal columns and admiring the beautiful sea views before heading to our next stop.
The last place we'll visit is the Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge. This traditional rope bridge, which spans 66 feet (20 metres) over a 98-foot (30 metre) deep chasm, was originally built some 350 years ago by local fishermen. Thankfully for our safety, a modernised version has since been created, but the rope bridge still offers unparalleled views over the surrounding coastal landscapes.
At the end of an unforgettable day of sightseeing, we'll make the return journey to Belfast, arriving back between 5 pm to 5:30 pm.
- There is a fair amount of walking involved in this activity, so we do not recommend it for people with reduced mobility or those with back problems.
- The order and times of this itinerary are approximate and may be modified depending on traffic and weather conditions.
- This tour originates in Dublin, with Belfast being the second stop on the tour. If you'd prefer, you can be dropped off in Dublin at the end of the activity instead of returning to Belfast for an additional charge of £ 15 (US$ 20.70) per person, paid on the day. If you choose to do this, you'll be dropped off between 7:30 pm and 8:30 pm at the top of O'Connell Street. You can bring your luggage and store it under the coach.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Students between 16 and 25 years oldUS$ 77.80
Children between 10 and 15 years oldUS$ 77.80
Children under 10not permitted
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Transport by air conditioned coach.
Entrance to places on the itinerary.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until the same day (9:00 am) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
31 Chichester Street.