Discover one of the most famous ports in the world and the most important in Peru with this Callao District Free Tour. You'll walk through its colonial streets and most representative buildings.
Callao District Free Tour
We'll meet at 10 am at the Plaza de la Independencia to start the free tour. Located about 15 kilometres from the centre of Lima, the coastal town is still the most important port in Peru since its foundation in the 16th century.
Our first stop will be the Real Felipe Fortress, a military construction that served to protect the port from attacks by pirates and corsairs. We'll visit its interior and continue walking the streets of the district of Callao, observing its colonial style buildings.
We'll also pass by the Pasaje or Casa Ronald, a building erected in the 1920s that today houses an important art gallery, and the Plaza Grau. Here you'll have free time to take a boat ride to see the Pueblo Canyon and the Abtao submarine.
Finally, we'll take public transport to La Punta, arriving in just five minutes. This neighbourhood of Italian descent is the ideal place to try delicious seafood dishes. The tour will end here after 3 horus 30 minutes.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
3 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
English speaking guide.
Ticket for public transport between Lima and Callao: S/ 10 (US$ 2.80) per person.
Ticket for public transport to La Punta: S/ 1 (US$ 0.30) per person.
Entrance to the Real Felipe fortress: S/ 20 (US$ 5.50) per person.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Real Felipe fortress