Explore Easter Island on this complete tour which takes you from the magical Ahu Akahanga to beautiful Anakena beach, passing the Rano Raraku quarry and the iconic moai statues at Ahu Tongariki along the way. This is the essential trip for any visit to Easter Island!
Easter Island and Anakena Beach Trip
After collecting you from your hotel, we will start our tour of Easter Island traveling along the East coast.
First, we visit the archaeological site of Ahu Akahanga, where you will see the remains of a settlement and discover how the Rapanui constructed their houses. In front of the sea, there is a half-destroyed platform on which 13 moai were once erected. As we pass the remains of these stone giants, you will hear about all the theories of why the inhabitants of Easter Island ended up destroying them.
Our next stop is Ahu Tongariki, the largest sanctuary on Easter Island. Like in Ahu Akahanga, the 15 moai here were destroyed during the tribal wars of the 18th century. In the 90s, the Chilean government decided to restore the platform. Now, you can admire the moai, which have been returned to the platform, just as they were at the height of the Rapanui culture.
Next, we will travel to the volcanic crater of Rano Raraku, which is home to the quarry where most of the moai on the island were sculptured. We will walk along the side of the crater and discover the unfinished moai that are scattered around this area. One of them would have measured 70 feet high and weighing around 270 tonnes when finished. Nicknamed ‘El Gigante’ (The Giant), it would have been the largest moai statue that ever existed!
We will take the opportunity to rest and enjoy a picnic lunch in this magical setting, in the company of more than 390 moai statues that inhabit Rano Raraku.
Having regained our strength, we will continue the tour by visiting the smaller sanctuaries of Ahu Te Pito Kura, Ahu Nau Nau, and Ahu Ature Huke. Having become experts in Rapanui culture, you will now reach Anakena beach. Here you have more than an hour of your own free time to take a stroll and enjoy this beautiful paradise of white sand, admire the moai statues, and bathe in the crystal-clear waters of the Pacific ocean.
The tour finishes back at your hotel.
Unfortunately, this tour cannot be reserved by cruise passengers.
The trip takes place in archaeological sites that belong to the Rapa Nui National Park. The tickets for the park are not included in the price of the trip (80 USD approx.) and can be acquired at Mataveri airport and in different tourist offices around Hanfo Roa.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 5 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children between 2 and 5 years oldUS$ 74
Children under 2 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry to Rapa Nui National Park (80 USD).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).