Immerse yourself in nature exploring the Ria Formosa Natural Park on this boat trip from Faro Port. Admire the native flora and fauna as you cruise through the wetlands.
Ria Formosa Boat Trip
After meeting at Faro Port, you'll embark on your cruise around Ria Formosa, which will last around 45 minutes. Climb aboard your vessel, a solar-powered boat which will take you on a peaceful tour of the wetlands without contaminating the incredible environment around you.
During your boat trip, your knowledgeable guide, an expert in local ecology, will reveal the fascinating characteristics of this region of the Algarve, one of the most important wetlands in this area of Portugal. In fact, Ria Formosa is one of the country's Seven Natural Wonders, thanks to its diverse variety of species, and especially of birds, which include white storks, flamingos, herons and many more...
You'll sail around the islands of Ria Formosa, visiting the oyster and clam beds and discovering curiosities about the shellfish industry, which is firmly rooted in the region.
At the end of your boat trip around Ria Formosa, you'll return back to the port in Faro.
The boat trip on the Ria Formosa is subject to cancellation in unfavourable weather conditions. If this is the case, you'll be given the option to change the date of your activity, or be given a full refund.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 10|
Children under 10US$ 9.40
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Boat trip on the Ria Formosa.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of local nature.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Faro local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).