Discover the secrets of one of the most important pilgrimage sites in the world with this fantastic free tour of the Sanctuary of Fatima. You will learn all about its history.
Sanctuary of Fatima Free Tour
We will meet up at a time of your choosing next to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Monument, in the heart of the Shrine of Fatima. This beautiful place is visited by an average of between 6 and 9 million pilgrims a year.
We will start the free tour admiring the great neo-baroque facade of the Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary and the impressive 1100 st bronze crown that sits atop the building. We will continue to the Basilica of the Holy Trinity, a contemporary work inaugurated in 2007 to accommodate the devotees who come to this mystical place.
Of course, we will also stop in front of the main building of the Shrine of Fatima. There we will tell you about Lucia, Francisco, and Jacinta, the three protagonists of the apparition of the Virgin. You will also hear about something extraordinary that happened in 1917 as we contemplate the Chapel of the Apparitions.
In addition, we will tell you the secret of the crown of Fatima which is related to Pope John Paul II.
We will finish the tour one hour after we first set off.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 1 hour before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Wheelchair accessible. Accessible toilets. Free wheelchair loan service available.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- Printed material is avoided.
- No single-use plastics are used.
- The activity helps to promote peace.
- No printing of documentation required.
- Has a gender equality policy.
- Has a carbon footprint offset policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Monument to the Sacred Heart of Jesus