Discover the history of the Vivero family and its influence on the Court of Castile when you visit the magnificent castle of Fuensaldaña, one of the best architectural examples of the so-called school of Valladolid.
What to expect
Prepare to discover the secrets hidden in the magnificent Fuensaldaña castle, and climb its 100 ft tower. This defensive building, which dates back to the 15th century, has been perfectly conserved. This was the seat of the Castile and Leon Parliament up until 2007.
With this ticket, you have access to the main halls where you will discover how it was built and the important lineage that marks its history. Stories of the nobility, links to the Catholic Kings, medieval verses, fairy tales, await you on this visit.
You will learn about both the residential use and the military function of the castle, and find out how the rooms of this building were defended.
Fuensaldaña castle opens during the following hours:
- 1 October to 31 March: Thursday to Sunday and public holidays, from 10:30 am to 2 pm and 4 pm to 6 pm.
- 1 April to 30 September: Tuesday to Sunday and public holidays, from 10:30 am to 2 pm and 4:30 pm to 8 pm.
Retired persons, members of large families, youth or student cardholders, and members of the Friends of the Province Club are entitled to a reduced price ticket.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
|Adults||Reduced fare||Children under 12 years old|
Reduced fareUS$ 4.40
Children under 12 years oldFree
Entry to Fuensaldana castle
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (10:30 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).