Escape from real life for a day exploring a paradise island. Cruise over to Isla Tortuga on a yacht and relax on spectacular beaches, snorkel in the sparkling turquoise sea or immerse yourself in nature enjoying the many activities on offer!
Tortuga Island Cruise Itinerary
Having been picked up from your hotel in Jaco first thing in the morning, you'll head to Puntarenas, a port city located in the Gulf of Nicoya. Arriving at the harbour, you'll climb aboard a yacht ready to sail your dream destination: Tortuga Island.
Cruise over the idyllic waters, marvelling at the views as you enjoy the peaceful rock of the boat and relax in the Pacific Ocean breeze. You'll be able to spot birds as they fly overhead and admire the tiny islets that you pass by along the way.
Soon you'll be welcomed in by the white sands and sparkling turquoise waters of Isla Tortuga. After disembarking from the yacht onto dry land, you'll have around four hours of free time to explore the paradise island at your own pace.
Not sure what to do? Tortuga Island is home to any number of fantastic activities: you might choose to hike through the jungle or discover the isle from the air on an exciting zipline ride (not included). If you prefer a more refreshing way to spend your time, you could snorkel amongst the vibrant marine life or enjoy a kayaking trip around the coast (not included). Or, if you're all about relaxing, there's always the choice to make the most of the beautiful beach and sunbathe under the Costa Rican sun.
Before you leave Isla Tortuga behind for the day, you'll enjoy a delicious buffet lunch on board the yacht, allowing you to sample the most typical local delicacies. Bon appetit!
At the end of an unforgettable twelve hours in paradise, you'll make the return cruise to Puntarenas, before being dropped off back at your hotel in Jaco.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 7% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 7% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 11 years old|
Children under 11 years oldUS$ 126
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Pick up and drop off from hotels in Jaco.
Lunch on board.
Activities on Tortuga Island.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Jacó local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - this activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).