Delight your senses on this food tour of Jodhpur, discovering the city's most authentic restaurants and the tastiest local dishes and recipes.
Food Tour of Jodhpur
Your gastronomic tour of Jodhpur will begin at the city's epicentre, the Clock Tower, or Ghanta Ghar. From this iconic Victorian monument, you'll set off on a route through the historic bazaars and winding streets, taking in the sights, smells and tastes of the different traditional foods.
During the first part of the food tour, you'll sample snacks and appetisers fit for a Maharajah, including pyaaz ki kachori, a deep-fried spicy onion patty; pakoras, fried chickpea and vegetable balls; and samosas, Indian pastries filled with a spiced mixture of potatoes, vegetables, meat... they can even be sweet!
Next, you'll head to a traditional bakery where you'll have the opportunity to watch how the locals make one of the most famous desserts in Rajasthan, which has a centuries-old history.
To wash down all these delicious foods, you'll make a stop at a cafe to enjoy a steaming cup of spiced tea known as masala chai. The clay teapot, the smell and taste of the tea, accompanied by spectacular views of Jodhpur, will make this a complete sensory experience of India that you'll never forget.
Don't forget to leave room for dessert! We've saved the best for last - taste an incredible array of typical sweets and puddings from this region of India to put the finishing touch on your food tour, and leave a sweet taste in your mouth.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 4 years old|
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Local professional English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Jodhpur Clock Tower.