Make the most of your time in Labuan Bajo to discover the underground treasures of Flores Island. A natural light show and an idyllic salt lake await you on this tour of Batu Cermin and Rangko Caves!
Batu Cermin & Rangko Cave Tour
On the day of your tour, you'll be picked up from your accommodation in Labuan Bajo at 9:30 am and we'll set off for Batu Cermin Cave, located just 20 minutes' drive away. Entering the cave, you'll be captivated by the way the light filters through the rocks... there's a reason they call it the Mirror Stone Cave!
After exploring our first cave, we'll head to a local restaurant where you'll have an hour of free time to have lunch (not included). With renewed energy, we'll then hit the road again in the direction of the village of Rangko. We'll enjoy a leisurely stroll around the town before climbing into a traditional wooden boat and setting sail on a 20 minute cruise to Rangko Cave.
We'll head into the cave to see the idyllic salt lake located inside and admiring the striking colour of the underground pool, before returning to dry land for the drive up to a viewpoint on Amelia Hill. Ready for the most spectacular views of Flores Island?
Finally, we'll return to Labuan Bajo where you'll be dropped back off at your hotel for around 5 pm.
Who can participate in this activity?
Anyone between the ages of 10 and 50 years old can participate in this activity.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 68
7 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by car.
Entry to Batu Cermin Cave.
Entry to the Rangko Cave.
Wooden boat trip.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).