It wouldn't be a trip to the Rioja region without a wine tour! Make the most of your time in Logroño on this guided visit of the Viña Ijalba winery including a wine tasting.
Viña Ijalba Winery Tour & Tasting: what to expect?
The Viña Ijalba Bodega is located just a 15 minute walk from the Puente de Piedra bridge in Logroño, one of the most important wine tourism centres in the Rioja region of Spain.
Arriving at the winery, you'll embark upon a guided tour, discovering not only the different types of grapes grown in the vineyards and cultivated with careful dedication over more than 210 acres of land, but also the production process of the wines in the bodega's facilities. Viña Ijalba's wines belong to the La Rioja Denominación de Origen, which accredits their excellent quality.
While you hear about the winery's history and growth over the years since its foundation in 1991, you'll also visit the underground ageing room. Exploring the cellar, you'll see the collection of around two thousand casks made from the best French and American oaks.
For the finishing touch on your tour, you'll enjoy a tasting of three Viña Ijalba wines. An expert from the bodega will help you to appreciate the different aspects of the wines, from taste to aromas and colour, in order to identify their varieties. You'll also be treated to a tasting of typical Rioja snacks, including cheese, chorizo and salami, to accompany the wine. Cheers!
Alcoholic beverages will only be served to adults over 18 years old. Children are permitted to do this tour accompanied by adults but they will not be allowed to participate in the wine tasting.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 10 and 17 years old||Children under 10 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 10 and 17 years oldUS$ 6.80
Children under 10 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Entrance to Viña Ijalba Bodega.
English speaking guide.
Tasting of 3 wines.
Tasting of local snacks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Logroño).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Viña Ijalba Bodega.