Elephants, impalas, zebras and other African animals await you at the Maputo Special Reserve. Discover Mozambique's wildlife on this exciting safari.
Maputo Special Reserve Tour
At 6:00 am we'll leave the Mozambican capital behind us when we set off from 417 Kwame Nkrumah Avenue.
Onboard a 4x4 we'll drive through Catembe and other towns in the south of Mozambique. After a two-hour drive, we'll arrive at Puerta Futi: the main entrance to the enormous Maputo Special Reserve (the entrance fee, 15 US dollars per person, is not included).
Once we enter this huge protected natural area (77,400 hectares), our safari will begin. We'll get the chance to admire a wide range of native African animals: elephants, giraffes, antelopes, zebras, impalas... wild animals in their natural habitat! What's more, this gigantic ecosystem is also home to a multitude of birds that we'll see on the tour.
The first part of the tour will end with a light lunch. We'll enjoy a picnic next to Lake Munde, where we'll admire the different kinds of birds that fly over this lagoon.
After lunch, our safari will continue towards Lake Xinguti. We'll make a quick stop on its shores to have a coffee and see the hippos and the wading birds that come to drink water.
At the end of the day, we'll return to the starting point in Maputo, arriving by around 2:30 pm. To make the return journey more enjoyable, we'll hold a quiz on African wildlife onboard the truck. Who'll have learned the most on our visit to the reserve?
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Up to 2 peopleUS$ 415
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 465
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 510
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 610
Up to 6 peopleUS$ 654
Children under 6not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Transport in a convertible 4x4.
English speaking guide.
Water, soft drinks, juice & fruit.
Entry fee to Maputo Special Reserve (15 USD per person).
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
417 Avenida Kwame Nkrumah.