Delve into the legend of the world's most famous drug lord with this fantastic tour of the locations that marked Pablo Escobar's life in Medellin.
Pablo Escobar Tour
Our Pablo Escobar tour starts at pretty El Poblado Park. From here we head to the site of the Cathedral, the luxurious prison where Pablo Escobar was held. In 1991, the drug lord voluntarily entered this prison with the aim of being extradited to the United States, where he was wanted for crimes against public health, among others.
However, La Catedral was not an ordinary prison. Game rooms, swimming pool, bar, and even natural waterfalls filled the facilities of this sumptuous enclosure. Parties and the celebration of meetings between hitmen and drug dealers related to the Medellin cartel were frequent. We will also remember how Pablo Escobar escaped from the Cathedral in 1992, helped by his men.
We will make the next stop on our route in the Monaco Building, the former residence of the famous leader of the Medellin cartel. We will hear about some of the episodes that marked the organization's struggle for control of drug trafficking. Their main rival, the Cali cartel, perpetrated an attack with a car bomb right next to this building. The main objective was to eliminate Pablo Escobar, but that day neither he nor any member of his family was in the block of apartments.
The capo's freedom was very brief, as he died in 1993. We will visit the building where Pablo Escobar died and listen to the various hypotheses that exist about his death: Did he commit suicide? Was he executed by the United States? By Colombian forces? Was he betrayed by those he believed to be loyal?
We will end the tour at the Montesacro cemetery, where Pablo Escobar's grave is the most visited in the entire cemetery. After learning some anecdotes that have served as inspiration for the TV series Narcos, we will return to the original starting point where our adventure ends.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 9 years old|
|Tour en English||
Tour en English
Children under 9 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Transport in minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the places visited on the itinerary.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Parque el Poblado