Discover Guatapé on this tour that will take you from the city of eternal spring to one of the region's most emblematic places. Enjoy a boat ride, climb the La Piedra del Peñol rock and discover the history of one of Pablo Escobar's mansions.
Tour of Guatapé + Boat Ride
We'll meet at 7 am in Medellin's Parque El Poblado and from there we'll head through the beautiful green landscapes until we reach the town of Guarne. Here, we'll have breakfast of an arepa with scrambled, cheese and fried plantains, before making our way to El Peñol, known for being the most colourful town in Colombia!
In El Peñol, we'll board a boat and enjoy a relaxing cruise around the beautiful Guatapé dam. As we sail along, we'll see La Piedra del Peñol rock, standing 721 feet (220 metres) tall, and the ruins of the famous Hacienda la Manuela, one of the mansions that belonged to drug lord Pablo Escobar. We'll discover the history of this house and then continue our trip towards the La Piedra del Peñol rock.
Once at the rock, you'll be able to climb up the 740 stairs to get to the top. It sounds tiring, but it's worth it to see the incredible views of Guatapé! Afterwards, you'll be able to replenish your energy with a well-deserved typical lunch of beans, rice, plantain, arepas and meat.
Next, we'll head to the promenade in Guatapé, where we'll see a beautiful sunset and then we'll make our way to the main square, the Plaza de los Zócalos, where you'll be able to admire the colourful houses and murals, full of stories waiting to be discovered.
After exploring this lively town, we'll return to Medellin, where the tour will come to an end between 5 and 6:30 pm.
- On the bus journey, children under the age of 4 years must sit on the lap of a responsible adult.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Don't forget your suncream!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 4 years old|
|Tour of Guatapé + Boat Ride||
US$ 35.90 US$ 33.10
Tour of Guatapé + Boat Ride
AdultsUS$ 35.90 US$ 33.10
Children under 4 years oldFree
10 hours 30 minutes - 12 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Transport by bus or minibus.
Up to 8% discount on the official ticket price.
Fee to climb the La Piedra del Peñol rock (5 euros per person).
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Parque El Poblado.