Enjoy exotic Indian cooking with this food tour around Mumbai, a landmark culinary destination. Taste exotic spices and rare flavors at the best restaurants and street stalls in the city.
This tour can be done at lunch time or dinner time. Our guide will be waiting for you at the Times of India building, from where we head off the beaten tourist track to a street packed with tasty traditional eateries. There you will sample a variety of local dishes, all marked by a spicy touch. There is no better way to start the tour!
After your first experience with genuine Indian gastronomy, we will then witness how these colorful meals are prepared. Dishes such as Vada Pav, Bhelpuri, Dabeli, samosas, and spicy pies are all hallmarks of Mumbai’s identity.
No trip to Mumbai would be complete without trying the fabulous street food. So, we will take you the finest food stalls, where you will try various appetizers in the streets of a city pervaded by the exotic aromas of its gastronomy.
The route finishes with a cup of Irani chai tea accompanied by Bun Maska (bread and butter) in an Irani Cafe. This might seem far removed from Indian cooking, but all will become clear on the tour...
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 4 years old|
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking expert guide.
Tasting of typical dishes.
Bottle of Mineral Water
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
The Times of India offices